Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hello.

If you're new and want to say hello...
dla1989

Hello.

Postby dla1989 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:04 pm

I guess I'll just go ahead and say hello.

Hmm, a little bit about me. I'm twenty-nine and have being "depressed" from around the age of eleven. When I was ten my baby brother, who was seven at the time, was killed by a drunk driver, unfortunately I happened to be there when it happened as we were on our way home from school - witnessing his death had the expected result.

At secondary school I had severe acne and was bullied constantly which caused my already low confidence to evaporate into the ether - never to be seen again. I shut myself off from everyone and lost any friendships I had. I still have no friends.

I live with my mother who I also care for. These days we're constantly at each other's throats, even though she is the only person I talk to and the only person I trust. The family home and my hometown have nothing but bad memories for me as I'm constantly reminded of my brother and the good times I (think – memories before his death are a hard to grasp) we had.

I live in a very toxic environment.

I can't get a place of my own because no one can (Housing Crisis). I can't work because of my illness. So I pretty much hate my life. That said, I’ll never and have never considered suicide.

I'm just existing at this point.

I didn't expect my introduction to be such a downer but I suppose I'm in the right place, huh?

I'm not sure how much I'll use this site but it's good to know it's there.

Stay safe, everyone.

deb1960

Re: Hello.

Postby deb1960 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 pm

Hi

I'm so sorry that you lost your wee brother so tragically and had to witness it. I don't think anyone could live through that without struggling. And bullying. I despise bullies and I'm sorry you had to go through that

Does your gp know about your problems. Perhaps counseling would help or anti depressants.

Sharing a home with someone can be very hard. Were I to live with my mum I think my life would be a great deal worse.

Take care
Deb x

maisi

Re: Hello.

Postby maisi » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:35 am

Hi,

Sorry you lost your little brother, it must have changed everything, especially being there when it happened, and it must have changed your parents too.

I agree with debs in wondering if you've had counselling/support. If you haven't, it would help you get towards a way of managing the balance between your responsibilities and your own needs.

Return to “Newbies Room”