Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hello from Leicester

If you're new and want to say hello...
greg

Hello from Leicester

Postby greg » Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:27 pm

I joined a moment ago. Not sure what to say but I'll introduce myself at least.

I'm Greg, Christian for 16yrs, married nearly 25yrs, almost 50yrs old, a parent of two and I cycle a lot.

My daughter has enormous mental health issues and is in hospital (again) for several months. I am not coping well. I feel like I cannot see an end to her problems and after dealing with it okay for ages, or so I kidded myself, I now know I'm at the absolute edge.

I am rubbish at actually talking to others about my situation.

Greg

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: Hello from Leicester

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:47 pm

And that greg is the joy of forums

And text is different from verbal and works well

Often I say look after yourself first but you seem to be doing all the right things anyway

You say you are now at the edge - but you are not - your daughter is getting good care - so the edge should be far enough away for you
But you are probably just burned out by it all and the - "it never ends" aspect

It is hard to say more without knowing more about what has changed for you this time around
Maybe you are just being more honest/open for the first time

So use this forum - and welcome - to say as much or as little as you want
And ask for help - or just tell us stuff - the process of doing that can be cathartic in itself

If my post does not do it for you - then someone elses might do
Different people think and say things different things in different ways
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

greg

Postby greg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:08 am

Thank you. Don't think my choice of words "at the edge" was helpful. I'm at the end of being able to keep it together and already biting people's heads off and finding myself in horrible episodes of panic and dread. When I'm not at the hospital i just want to hide away.

My number 1 worry is my daughter but I'm not sure how to be strong, especially as she is going through hell.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:14 am

Well keep up the cycling and keep up the social contacts and other things that all help
Diet - no caffeine etc

ANd use this forum to help you cope also

Good luck
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

alanrock

Postby alanrock » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:48 pm

Hi Greg

I've a similar profile to yourself, 50s, parent, cyclist. Luckily I'm not having to deal with what you are, so can't offer any words of wisdom. Just to say I can empathise and hope you can get some positive help here.

greg

Postby greg » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:44 pm

Bless you Alan. Means a great deal.

Return to “Newbies Room”