Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hello

If you're new and want to say hello...
gazths1

Hello

Postby gazths1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:24 am

I am new here I have been suffering with depression for the last 3 years I have been getting back on my feet, but over the last few months things have gotten worse again! The Doctor has increased my Anti Depressants. I have been to councelling and gone to different groups which helped a little bit. I started a new job earlier in the year which is only a few hours a week but it felt like a start and a move in the right direction, but recently I have been struggling to cope and thought about quitting. They have talked about giving me more hours and responsibilities which feels like too much pressure for me, where I work seem to have more faith in me than I have in myself. I often feel lonely and I have sucidial thoughts which I haven't acted on since 3 years ago.

lilme

Re: Hello

Postby lilme » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:34 am

Hi,
I'm new too, but I thought I'd reach out as your post kinda reminded me of me, in a way; I've been in the system very much longer, but have had a dip lately...

I would say - (advice that, I know is so much easier to give that take, but...still good advice) - Remember your achievements. Remember how far you have come. Allow yourself to recognise that people see good in you, even if you can't right now. Allow yourself to recognise that sometimes the illness we share makes us see things in a distorted way. Recognise that the illness twists things, and sometimes makes you lie to yourself...try to believe the good things, because the illness only ever whispers bad

I wish you all the best xx

gazths1

Postby gazths1 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:45 am

Thank you for your reply. I do sometimes struggle to see my achievements which when I look back over the last year I have done a fair bit. I re did my GCSE Maths and passed :) I started playing football again well 5 a side but it is something. And of course my new job which I started as a volunteer then they offered me the few hours a week that I do.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:37 pm

gazths1 wrote:They have talked about giving me more hours and responsibilities which feels like too much pressure for me, where I work seem to have more faith in me than I have in myself.

Well it is great that they think you can do your job so well - get that feather put into your hat

But just say no and that you are happy with the way things are - they work for you and that is how you would like to keep it
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Return to “Newbies Room”