Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I’m not coping what is wrong with me

If you're new and want to say hello...
prettysliceofpizza

I’m not coping what is wrong with me

Postby prettysliceofpizza » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Hello,
I’m new here. I’m only just turned 18 last week. In school I was bullied and this was when I began to get anxiety symptoms. For two years I suffered panick attacks alone. This year my physical health fell apart and I was in hospital due to my asthma for 6 weeks al together. This caused me to lose my place at college and I became depressed. I went to my GP and got put on 20mg Of sertraline which in time has been raised to 50, now 100mg. I have had counselling but it didn’t do much.I have been unemployed also since last December and been to countless job interviews and heard nothing ect. I have just had an interview for a dental apprenticeship and I have secured the job but won’t start for a few months as I need references, vaccines, a crb check. I have been suffering with panic attacks but less frequently up until yesterday. Yesterday I had the most horrible experience. It didn’t at all feel like a panic attack, I was hysterically crying and screaming at my boyfriend and mom out of nowhere. I was running around frantically and I just couldn’t calm down it was scaring them. I was fuelled with rage and I began smacking my head as hard as I could of my wardrobe door and now my head is bruised. I was smashing up my room and then when i stopped I was lay on my bed shaking and crying and screaming. This lasted for hours. I could hear unusual noises and whirring in my head and couldn’t calm down. I’m seeing my GP this afternoon at half 3.
Can someone please help me what was this

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: I’m not coping what is wrong with me

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:11 pm

Cannot help but do tell us what the doctor said to help with the understanding

I do hope that the appointment went well
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

prettysliceofpizza

Postby prettysliceofpizza » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:16 pm

The doctor was so unhelpful, I was crying like a nervous wreck in his room and he said it comes down to age and is normal for girls my age? He rushed me out of the room.
I feel silly now

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:25 pm

That is just weird and makes no sense for a GP to do that

If part of a practice I would make another appointment but with a different GP

Most/all areas have a dedicated health team such as First Response

Use the internet and get their details and ring them up tonight
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

prettysliceofpizza

Postby prettysliceofpizza » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi Thankyou for answering me, I have called up Samaritans and a local crisis team for my area who are coming out to see me tomorrow. My usual GP awash away so I saw an agency doctor today. I will let you know how tomorrow goes.
Thanks again

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 am

Good on you

That sounds like good work you have done

Let us know how it goes

melindaj

Postby melindaj » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:50 pm

Dear Pizza,
You can get better and first positive move is acknowledging the problem and talking about it.

You are weak at the moment but look at background info on this Web site, Sane on suicide and findings and go armed with printed info for Doctors appointments etc from now onward.

I was fobbed off initially by GP to start with but attitude changed when I showed him printed off sheets.

With kind regards.

idream2018

Postby idream2018 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:29 pm

im new here

but I just want to say good luck hope everything works out for you. it is good you are getting support :D

Return to “Newbies Room”