Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Morning all

If you're new and want to say hello...
pauley

Morning all

Postby pauley » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:38 am

Hey all. Today, myself and a very dear friend who also suffers from MH issues have agreed to try so hard to not let our demons get the better of us, wispering in our ear, telling us we are worthless and it is all hopeless.

We mat fail, but we will try.
“We can spend our whole lives escaping from the monsters of our minds." Perma Chodron - When things Fall Apart

sirhugo

Re: Morning all

Postby sirhugo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:31 pm

good on you sir!!! :D :D :D

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:43 pm

Is that a friend you meet in person and whom lives nearby

Or an old long distance friend
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

pauley

Postby pauley » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:39 am

A friend I met in person, but who now lives on the other side of the country.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:05 pm

Well great stuff

People talk about gym buddies - this is just a mental health buddy

I am sure that it will help you both

How are you going to work it ?

Calls - text chats - or ??
Daily weekly - ad hoc ?

Whats app is great by the way for text chats
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

pauley

Postby pauley » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:59 am

Whats app messages and the occasional telephone call. She is great for support and motivation, especially with me going to the gym and swimming. Starting to see a physical difference, more energy, able to swim for longer, that sort of thing. Just wish I was noticing a difference in my mental state!
Paul

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:55 pm

I know how you feel

I am not being as energetic as you

But the daily grind goes on - trying to do what I should be doing but not making improvements

You say energy is up - and that is important - if it is depression that you are fighting against ?

pauley

Postby pauley » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:42 pm

I am not sure what I am fighting against, as you know, diagnosed with severe depression 7 weeks ago, not sure what the trigger was, just stopped eating and sleeping, constant buzzing in my head, when I did sleep, it would last for maybe 10 mins, then I would jolt away, and all the crap would come flooding back in.
Decided I needed to address my physical health, and find swimming relaxes my mind.

maisi

Postby maisi » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:59 pm

I think you're doing brilliantly, and it really does help to look after yourself physically too. I haven't been swimming for a week, but it has been busy. Each time we pick ourselves up and try again, we get some muscle memory for this stuff I think.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:06 pm

Do you honestly have no idea what is contributing to your depression

What goes around your head

Are you working

??

Return to “Newbies Room”