Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

At the end - just no help out there

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
brimay1970

At the end - just no help out there

Postby brimay1970 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi all, I am really desperate and found this forum. I just cannot cope anymore and have tried every line of help with crisis tean, CMHT, you name it i have tried it but nobody will help.

I have bipolar, severe anxiety disorder, panic disorder, Severe Hypochondiacal disorder (severe health anxiety), Agoraphobia and more. I have tried everything and have had suicidal ideation for a while now. I regularly call ambulances as my blood pressure and pulse go up to danger levels. A paramedic the other day saw how bad i was and made me an appointment with the crisis team where I told them I just cannot go on and am suicidal. I was given 3 days of support thats all, not a stich else.
I live alone which makes things much worse as I just have no direction with all my anxieties and physical health problems. I fear going to sleep at night as afraid I won't wake up. I have begged the CMHT and now the other day for admission to Psych ward to get me under control. The answer was simple, NO.
I need support even if it be supported housing living in a theraputic community but Lincolnshire has no supported housing for me at the age of 48. I have tried other counties but they can't take me as no local connection.

I am getting worse by the day. I don't want to have to jump off a building to get help but my anxieties are so bad that nothing can control them and the housebound agoraphobia does little to help. Of course if I had the money I would go private but I even run out of cash every month as have many other health conditions that require money and am in a lot of debt. My finances are the least of my worries.

Can any of you tell me what you have done to get help as I have tried so many times and unfortunately they are limited to what they can give me as my liver is bad from years of harsh medications and a past alcohol dependence.

I cannot live alone any longer, I need to be able to get support while this is going on but without any consideration of admission by the CMHT and crisis team and having done a thorough google on charities even that take people with mental health problems in, nothing and I am getting worse by the day.

I would appreciate any comments or advice but please be aware that I have pretty much left no stone unturned.

Thanks all, Brian

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: At the end - just no help out there

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:48 pm

Are you working ?

Are there day care centres that you could struggle to and sit quietly all day

The Samaritans often have places like that

Get very proactive on forums and not just mental health ones - then you do not need to leave the house

Have you ever had any interests or hobbies whatsoever and of so what were they and how long ago
And you can go all the way back to your childhood

So I have named it - have you tried it

(Other to come of you have not)
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:49 pm

upwards-is-the-aim wrote:Are you working ?

Are there day care centres that you could struggle to and sit quietly all day

The Samaritans often have places like that

Get very proactive on forums and not just mental health ones - then you do not need to leave the house

Have you ever had any interests or hobbies whatsoever and of so what were they and how long ago
And you can go all the way back to your childhood

So I have named it - have you tried it

(Other to come of you have not)
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

brimay1970

Postby brimay1970 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi Thanks for the reply, I have left no stone unturned and in Lincoln there is very bad support for mental health. Even Mind told me that today. No there are not day centres and I would really struggle if I were to go there due to my agoraphobia and other disorders.

In fact we have not even got a Mind coffice in Lincolnshire - I called 3 other offices today and none even come here on outreach. No Samaritans either - spoke to them last night.

I agree, I will get more involved in forums - good tip thanks

Unfortunately my only hobbies were outdoors apart from gemstones and I just do not have the cash to collect anymore as money is very tight.

Thanks for the tips and stay well

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Do you know what brought your agoraphobia on

brimay1970

Postby brimay1970 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi, It is not just agoraphobis - i have the full spectrum of anxieties and more plus bipolar and self medicated for years on alcohol so now all the disorders are magnified ten fold due to stopping drinking. I have tried everything - Lincolnshire has no supported housing for mental health whatsoever. Every other county has but I cannot access as need local connection. Crisis team don't take me serious as have not jumped underneath a train yet or tried to kill someone. It is just hopeless..... I have not one friend and have crisis every night - it just cannot go on

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Nor will it go on

Lets start with a few simple things

Start walking and talking as you past people
A good dog walking route - as is a dog - is a good thing

Go and have a coffee and watch the world go by and engage in any casual conversations that you can
Even if only with the staff

Shop in smaller shops and go in every day and chat

Get active on this forum

Blooming heck I have typed all that and forgot the agrophobia - could you manage to go out at all or not

Get active on forums and chat rooms
Answer other peoples questions on forums
Join places like mumsnet and play at being a mum - actually a lot of their chat is not directly mum related

Return to “Mutual Support Group”