Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Autumn... pros and cons

Being outdoors...
maisi

Re: Autumn... pros and cons

Postby maisi » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:43 pm

In winter seeing the full structure of trees can be a really good sight, especially after snow when every branch is accented in white, but not as good as the sound and sight of a big tree in full leaf, in the wind. Sounds like the sea and I miss it once the leaves are gone.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, candles suit the autumn/winter mood for me.

Had a debate with my daughter about whether you get pink leaves in autumn, I was sure not, but we were in the park and sure enough some of them I couldn't deny were partly pink. New idea for me (brown, red, orange, yellow in autumn- it turns out is a myth)

oakwood

Postby oakwood » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:52 pm

The leaves of different trees can be different colours, it's the plant absorbing the last of the energy, some trees have amazing pink leaves some are bright yellow. I'm a fan of Acer trees I once went to westonbert arboretum in autumn it was magical.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:10 am

Dear Oakwood,
did you see countryfile on t.v. yesterday (2/12/18)?
There was a section about making art by printing with lengths of tree trunk. The effect was interesting. It is winter just, but maybe I still have time to admire the amazing colours of the leaves that are left.
Maybe I can make time for this.
Best Regards

B

Return to “The Garden”