For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
mezzaninedoor

BLOG regards Suicidal Thoughts

Postby mezzaninedoor » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:39 am

I hope this isnt triggering for anyone
I've just done some hard yards writing a BLOG about Suicidal Thoughts
http://tonyamis.blogspot.com/2018/10/su ... ughts.html
some words, hopefully helpful to someone

I also want to apologise that I've been away from the Forum here for quite a while
Theres 2 reasons for that I think

1) I've been through another BiPolar episode and I tend to stop frequenting Social Media when that happens &
2) I was and probably still will be frustrated with the pooe level of support for SANE on this forum, there seem to be no Mods dipping in to offer advice and encouragement from SANE itself

When the Forum was a Black Dog Forum there were active MODS and even Ruby Wax would pop in occasionally and add ten penneth ( mini rant over )

upwards-is-the-aim

Re: BLOG regards Suicidal Thoughts

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 pm

I think forums have to hit a critical mass to work

AND to help get them there they need active input and moderating from SANE staff - but then they may not have any staff time spare

And there can be a nice level where you can stay on top of the number of posts and pick up and follow what is going on and remember names etc

To big and they become impersonal

I have just had a look at elefriends or whatever it is - must suit some - but for me it was yuk and more like pointless social media for the bored than those seeking advice and help

Do you know of any other forums that are more like this
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:43 pm

I post a fair bit in the misc thread on nomorepanic forum, that seems a nice bunch of folks but nomorepanic is the opposite of this in that it is huge and has so many elements of the forum to navigate and thus I tend to just post in the misc subforum whatever it is that im posting about.

When this forum was Black Dog I think it was, it was a much more consistent forum. love the peopl here though but its a frustrating lack of a Sane presence that I find really odd

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:38 pm

What do you want the Sane presence to do that you think will make a difference and why

(To many sub forums for me - are they really all needed useful ? So I am just hanging about on the mutual support one for now - maybe with time I will go and do some darn exploring but for now this one is enough)
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:08 am

I guess I would like SANE to pop in with some professional advice from time to time

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:31 pm

But can they really do that

They could come of out with snippets of comments but to go into anything at any depth is a different ball game

Hey if we say thngs that help fuck each other up - then so be it
We were doing our best for each other and then what happens happens

For them it is a different game

Anyway the reality is they are not around here much / at all

So we either abandon the forum and go away or just keep on trying to help each other
So we might as well do the latter

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:17 pm

I guess we keep on helping each other as best we can.
Thats always the best thing to try to do.

#bemorekind

Can you believe a Government that has run down Mental Health services has appointed a minister for suicide prevention !!!

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:30 pm

No one got any opinions on a Government Minister for Suicide prevention, feels like papering over the cracks in policy to me !!!!

Return to “Mutual Support Group”