Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Suicidal Because Ugly

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
tofler

Re: Suicidal Because Ugly

Postby tofler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:15 pm

I can't see a single comment in this thread where i've told you to "think happy thoughts" or to "believe in yourself more". I've tried to suggest to you that perhaps you have tunnel vision about this issue and that viewing it from different perspectives might help you to get unstuck.

You're right though, therapy probably isn't going to work for you.

spoonyspoon

Postby spoonyspoon » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:05 pm

tofler wrote:I can't see a single comment in this thread where i've told you to "think happy thoughts" or to "believe in yourself more". I've tried to suggest to you that perhaps you have tunnel vision about this issue and that viewing it from different perspectives might help you to get unstuck.

You're right though, therapy probably isn't going to work for you.

You have inferred that the problems I've described to you are psychosomatic, rather than what I've described as carefully as I can.

tofler

Postby tofler » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:46 am

I haven't inferred that at all. Your issues are psychological, not psychosomatic.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:10 am

Hi there!
just passing by yesterday I read the communications above,
Counselling comes in many forms and is a delicate process and can be a life changing experience :)

As we know, with the conunselling, there are no quick fixes - really, nevermind what might be shown on the popular media. Change takes time and counselling takes time.

For someone coming fresh to the counselling experience, I think it is good to check out the different types of counselling available. Personcentred humanistic terapies, psychotherapy, CBT,
an integration of one or more, and there are others not mentioned.
Find out the ones that are offered locally and what you can afford to pay for.

Healing and Change will take time, working with a therapist can bring about change but the leaning curve may be a bit steep and we may have to look at some very difficult issues.

In the counselling space the therapist may help us look at how and why we make certain relationships, the origins may be rooted in a difficult past.

so like when getting on a rollercoaster, hold on tight as it might be a bumpy ride....but, I can assure you, if you take the challenge of counselling and are willing and able to 'do the work', your life will change...things will never be the same.

Counselling - one of the best and most difficult experiences of my life.
B

Return to “Safe Room”