Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Just moaning

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
deb1960

Re: Just moaning

Postby deb1960 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:59 pm

By the way ttofler, I'm glad you're having a better spell. I always feel as if I've been holding my emotional breath and when I feel well I can breathe again. Like you my MH is a constant work in progress for me. I can remember I had two days in 2003 when I forgot I had mental health problems!

Are you still keeping ok Em. Did you make a decision about college?

I very much believe that those who struggle too have the greatest understanding.

tofler

Postby tofler » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:54 am

deb1960 wrote:Hi em and tofler

Thank you both for your posts. I feel so vulnerable just now and really hope you don't mind me putting this on to you. I tend to have expectations. Yesterday was bad too but each Friday tea timish a few of us go to the pub for our tea. I always enjoy this but last night I felt very down. This fed into my anxiety so when I went to bed I felt really bad and slept badly. By the time I got up I knew that my life would never improve and just wished I could die. Today I helped at the charity shop. The day wasn't good but no worse than II'd expected.

Does any of that sound familiar? The mind changing the truth so cleverly, and even now I don't feel sure it will pass. Truly I don't know how things will go. It feels that by letting this spiral I will not be able to get out of it.

I'm sorry I'm going on but I feel scared.

Deb x

You're not going on Deb and I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling scared. Sounds like you did well to make it to the charity shop again yesterday. A depressed mind definitely changes or distorts the truth, especially during a relapse episode, I think. Apart from this forum and your husband and friends, do you have any other support that you can draw on during difficult times Deb? You're not "letting this spiral", it's not your fault. These things develop their own momentum and then we have to find ways of calming it all down again and ways of restoring some calm and a sense of peace.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi tofler

There's a mental health drop in i go to which used to be very helpful but it's run differently now and I went back on Friday for the first time in a good while. I shall carry on and see how I get on.

I plan to see my GP. and discuss the possibility of pregabalin, a drug used for anxiety. I'm not sure how I'll get on as I take anti depressants and a mood stabiliser already. If it worked I'd be happy to reduce my ADs. Years ago people were given lots of drugs for mental illness and probably over medicated. Today's drugs are much better but doctors go for minimum medication so I'm not too optimistic.

I think you said you don't take meds. Is there any reason for that?

andthistoomustpass

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:21 pm

Hi Deb

I've heard good things about pregablin for anxiety.

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that it is processed via the kidneys whereas SSRIs are processed via the liver so you may be able to take both at once.

Let me know how it goes.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:03 am

Hi. I also take lamotrogine but it can be taken with it too. I'm going to make an appt today. I really hope they let me try it

Thanks andthistoo

Deb x

tofler

Postby tofler » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:39 pm

deb1960 wrote:I think you said you don't take meds. Is there any reason for that?

I took fluoxetine for 3 years and came off it a while ago now, simply because I wanted to see if I could manage without it. This episode of depression for me is a consequence of getting divorced so I wanted to see if I was making any progress with coming to terms to that. I might return to taking it again this winter though because things usually get worse for me in winter.

I hope all goes well with your plan to try pregablin Deb.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:51 am

Hi andthistoo

The doctor was very good. Unfortunately she's given me a lower dose than is meant and I don't see her for a month. She's never used it for an. Anxiety before so I don't know if that's why. Should I ask them to say to her?

It was good that she took me seriously.

Hi tofler
It's good that you have that option of taking meds for winter. Allowing yourself to do that is a positive step.

tofler

Postby tofler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:16 am

Good to hear that the doctor agreed to you trying pregablin. Maybe she's started you on a low dose to see if you get any side effects and might increase the dose when you see her next? How are things going for you this week Deb?

littleem

Postby littleem » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:02 pm

Hey Deb ;)

How are you doing? Just letting you know I’m thinking of you and hope you’re okay.

I decided against college and know this was the right move. I’ve since been accessing new support groups and well being courses. I also had an interview for a part time job today. Eight hours over two days in a nice environment. I’m really committed to my recovery.

It seems such baby steps were necessary before I attempt the more demanding. There are some community college courses starting in the near future, or even after Christmas. Two hours a week for ten weeks for only £15. A good first step. :)

Let me know how you’re getting on.

God bless,

Em xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:44 am

Hi deb

Absolutely brilliant suggestions and comments all that have taken the time to comment, really agree with the soothing better comment.

Sorry your finding things so difficult right now, I think my suggestion to you and to my friend thT have suffered particularly with anxiety would be the acceptance of it as part of you. Fighting against anything weather physical or mental is often just pushing against the tide. It so much harder when we fight it and not embrace and understand the issue of mental health that we have,

And no I dint think your morning either. My friend just completed a first aid mental health course this 2 dat training allowed her to understand and embrace her anxiety further,

We’re all going to have good abd bad days, days where we can support others and days where we need the support, days we can respond abd days we can’t. It’s always up and down journey of give abd tame suffer and joy, challenges and overcoming, learning and growth, and from all the posts I’ve read that you have posted or commented on, it seems like your living life to the very best f your ability , just time know for you t give yourself the sane support and kindness you offer others.

Return to “Rant Room”