Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Has anyone experienced this before ?!?!

Ask, explore, query, share
curry123

Has anyone experienced this before ?!?!

Postby curry123 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:11 am

Hello I'm 21 years old

In november time I woke up one day I felt like everything around me was going very quickly and my heart started to race. I went to the doctor after feeling like this for a couple of months. It has driven me crazy. I go out the house less and dont enjoy normal activities. even the smallest things I jump and get scared . Now I have given antidepressants to help for the anxiety. However my main issue is the feeling of like everyhting around me going very quick whilst I feel like im in a bubble not in the same world. I can constantly hear myself in my head thinking. The worst thing that I experience is that I feel like I'm playing myself in a first person way . for example like when you play a first person shooter game. I have this sort of tunnel vision where I focus on one thing and everything else around me is kinda blurry. Even talking to someone, my mind goes blank and cant concentrate on them talking

Is anxiety cause this weird sensation , the doctors do not know what im talking about and look at me as if im crazy. I want to know what is wrong with me

This has effected my grades at university and stopped me from going out as much . My main things is will this go away. I REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF I WILL STOP FEELING LIKE THIS.

My apologies for writing so much , my mental state at the moment is veyr bad and want to know what exactly am I going through.

capitalt

Re: Has anyone experienced this before ?!?!

Postby capitalt » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:19 pm

I'm no expert but it sounds like disociative disorder, though could be anxiety or depression.
Give the meds a chance and see how things go.
Perhaps seek help from your mental health people.
Good luck

tofler

Re: Has anyone experienced this before ?!?!

Postby tofler » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:04 pm

I agree, this sounds like it might be disassociation which is a symptom of anxiety. How long have you been taking the antidepressants for and do you think they're helping you to feel less anxious at all?

Return to “Information Exchange”