Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Back again!

If you're new and want to say hello...
maisi

Re: Back again!

Postby maisi » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Hi, really glad to hear you had a good weekend, and had a nice time with your daughter. And it's great that you went swimming, did it help at all? Last time I went, some guy got in and did whole lengths underwater, it was funny to see. Turns out he used to smoke 20 a day. Hope you have a good week.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:59 pm

Hi tofler

How are you? Do you go swimming regularly. I used to swim a lot before.being ill. For some obscure reason I rarely have the motivation now. I still hope that one day I'll get back into it.

Deb x

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:00 pm

Hi tofler

How are you? Do you go swimming regularly. I used to swim a lot before.being ill. For some obscure reason I rarely have the motivation now. I still hope that one day I'll get back into it.

Deb x

tofler

Postby tofler » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:04 am

Hi maisi and Deb, sorry for not replying sooner but I'm feeling low this week so haven't been posting and my basic self-care things are slipping at the moment as well. I tend to isolate myself when I feel like this. I know why I'm feeling low though, it's in response to a couple of things so I think that makes it a bit more bearable than if it had suddenly come out of nowhere. I've got my daughter for a sleepover tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing her, so hopefully that will help me to get back on track again.

Anyway, thanks for keeping in touch, it's very much appreciated. How are things for both of you this week?

maisi

Postby maisi » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:18 pm

Hi Tofler,

Sorry you've been having a harder week. It's so lovely to hear you feel a boost from seeing your daughter, hope it was nice. I think it's important not to feel down about feeling down- I know you know really well about handling depression, just adding my voice to that- don't let your reactions make it worse if you can help it.

'Up and down' is a great description of my week, just a lot happens, some good some terrible, it's hard to make plans or stick to plans, and when I'm ok I don't understand why it's so hard to avoid the tougher times. Laughed out loud today at a squirrel dashing around with an apple in its mouth, far bigger than it's head, looking very devious.

Take care x

tofler

Postby tofler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:43 am

Hi maisi, I'm really sorry to hear that something terrible happened for you this week. Thanks for the mental image of the devious squirrel with the apple and I'm glad it gave you a laugh! Also thanks for the reminder to not beat myself up about feeling so low at the moment, I'll try to keep that in mind.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi tofler
How are you doing?
Deb x

tofler

Postby tofler » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:44 am

Hi Deb, I'm not too good at the moment. Feeling very low, no energy and no motivation. How are things for you at the moment?

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry to hear it tofler. Don't forget a chat can help x

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:12 pm

My daughter is belting out show tunes right now. It's kind of hard as I need more space than this, especially at this time of night. But they're wonderful aren't they.

Return to “Newbies Room”