Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Termination of Employment

If you're new and want to say hello...
dd

Termination of Employment

Postby dd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:09 am

Hi
Today I received three months notice of job termination.
Lack of attendance and Capacity to do my job, this was decided after a stage 3 sickness review.
I have been on sick for the past 2 months and my current fit-note is valid until 18/8/65. I am not fit to work because of work related Depression and Anxiety.
I will appeal and go to an Employment Tribunal on the grounds of Unfair Dismissal on the grounds of Direct Discrimination, which has been ongoing for the past 6 years. I know Discrimination in the workplace is hard to prove and that's why my employer feels confident in their actions. No unions involved and I cannot afford an Employment Solicitor.
I suffer severely with Anxiety, Depression, Agoraphobia (I am training my self to cope with this one) also PTSD but I don't know re that to be fair. I am suicidal and in constant crisis, but despite that I am not looking to harm myself in the near future, I have a fight to win and a family I love dearly.
I am just looking for advice and support from any of you guys who will have no doubt been through similar.
Thank you
DD

capitalt

Re: Termination of Employment

Postby capitalt » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am

Have you contacted MIND, or similar organisations who may be able to help or give advice ?
Good luck.

dd

Re: Termination of Employment

Postby dd » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:36 pm

Thank you, yes I have. Like most of the Mental Health charities who do a great job, but who are very reluctant to get involved in work disputes, no matter how obvious the Discrimination is.
Thank you

Return to “Newbies Room”