Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

I can't take it anymore!

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
coleb

I can't take it anymore!

Postby coleb » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:24 pm

I'm not really sure how to say any of this, its my first time on a forum and up until now I have never considered it but I'm desperate. I recently turned 25 and spent my birthday in a+e suicidal and was placed in a crisis team. I feel my mental state has worsened but my team had to transfer me to the community team because they don't have the funding to have patients for longer than 6 weeks and they had me for 10. Now I have little to no support and my medication has been messed around with and I don't think I can do this anymore. I can feel myself making plans again and it scares me. . I’ve lost a lot of people because of my mental health and the ones that stayed either can't understand or have grown tired of me because i don't resemble the person they know. Between my disorder and medication I don't feel human anymore. It's like a stranger is staring back at me in the mirror. There's no joy in life anymore and I wake up each day wanting it to be my last. I feel so alone and I don't know what to do to keep myself safe or if I even want to stay safe anymore. My urge to self harm is getting worse. I finally understand when people say the NHS fails people with Mental health. Does anyone know things to help when you're suicidal and having less professional support/waiting for treatment? I'm desperate, don't think I will be around much longer if something doesn't change.

er11

Re: I can't take it anymore!

Postby er11 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 9:34 pm

hey, I totally feel you and feel exactly the same way as i was discharged from hospital and put under home treatment care but its not enough. to be honest, nothing helps and i totally get that feeling. this may or may not help but one idea that always gets me through to the next day is that you always have the option to take your own life. im not suggesting you to do it but the thought of being control of it and being in control of your destiny may help you carry on and when/if you decide to then its YOUR choice, no one elses. i hold on to this when i am feeling so bad and then i remember and tell myself 'i can take my life at any point i want' so let me carry on and if i dont want to then i won't.
this may not be helpful at all but we are all here for a reason
hope you find some inner peace tonight
take care
hugs x

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:54 pm

Dear Coleb,
I think I know what you are talking about.
keep writing here on the forum and talk to the Samaritans or any other help line ---just keep talking. Gather your energy to see your g.p. and/ or a nurse at your local surgery, just as a safety measure. Let them know how desperate you are feeling and they will make your appointments a priority.
The sort of plan above can get you through the days when you are feeling really desperate.
On the Livinglifetothefull web site, there is a 'panic' button and a page with a list o things to do when you are feeling that you can not go on.
you may have to register - but the information is simple, straightfoward and helpful.

Please check out the page.
the site is run by Psychiatrists and trained professionals.

Don't give up,

B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Also please find out where your local MIND chapter or other mental health charity is -
just google.

phone them, they probably have a walk-in service and or emergency counsellors. the samaritans also have a walk in service too.
you may have to regularly attend until you are able to get the support you need from the NHS services. Also, many Mind services will contact your NHS services on your behalf and will advocate on your behalf.

Return to “Safe Room”