Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

struggling

If you're new and want to say hello...
nickymouse

struggling

Postby nickymouse » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:43 pm

Hey everyone
I'm new to online forums but looking for some advice and possibly understanding. To cut a long story short I'm a 35 year old woman who has struggled with anxiety disorder and depression all my life. Currently I'm on venlafaxine and see a private therapist once a week. All of which have helped prove my mental health, however today I failed my driving test for the 4th time and it's just triggered my feelings of worthlessness and failure. I pretty much feel like a failure compared to my peers as I'm single, never been married, no children, I trained as a teacher but found the workload too much so gave that up. Still work in education but took on a role with less pressure which has helped me mental health wise but I feel a failure in that I'm not doing what I trained for. I just feel rubbish at the mo and I just don't want to burden my friends. Anyways I'm probably not making much sense as I'm feeling overwhelmed by my feelings. Any advice or thoughts would be most appreciated.

lonelybrokenheart

Re: struggling

Postby lonelybrokenheart » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:30 am

I know the feeling about feeling worthless and so on. I don't think you're worthless because you actually work and managed to attempt your driving test. Just getting on the road is a great achievement for someone with anxiety. So well done mickymouse. :P

cookiemonster

Postby cookiemonster » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:27 am

Many people fail their driving test atleast once. It’s nothing to be ashamed of. You help to provide young people with an education, that’s an amazing service to society and something to be proud of.

mels88

Postby mels88 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:49 pm

Firstly you are not a failure as you keep getting back up and trying again. You will pass your driving test I promise you.
It's crazy how we make ourselves feel worthless for the things we have least control over. You have a career despite your anxiety and you get up everyday and take care of yourself which is amazing and yet feel bad about being single and childless which involves so much chance. I feel a lot of this myself and it's hard to shake. I try to plan other things to look forward to and sometimes thins helps.

Return to “Newbies Room”