Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

this forum only works if we help each other

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
betterinrecovery

Re: this forum only works if we help each other

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:03 am

Dear Teamn
Thank you for your post.
(I have not read all the replies above --not having a good time with the concentration)
perhaps you are giving voice to what some of us might also be thinking and feeling.

There are limitations to the amount support that can be given on a Forum like this - because it is open and there is no private messaging system attached. Also, if we are having a rough time, it can be a bit difficult, but still some of us ( I ), try our (my) best I think.

That aside, it is hard if messages of desperation are left on the site and then the person who posts them never returns.

For me it is difficult to read from someone in difficulty and then not to reply at all, I always hope that if I do not know what to say to help then someone else will know. On the other hand, we (I) , have to know our limitations, and we ( I) have to look after ourselves first.

My goal is to be more brave and to try and get involved in more convresations and threads,
with best wishes B

aldertree

Postby aldertree » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:59 pm

Hi Teamn,

I'm fairly new to this forum and to others but I agree it does only work if we help each other. I must admit when I joined here I joined a few other forums - maybe to address different problems, but also to try out different forums. Can't really say I've got the hang of them yet but I am exploring them. I get lonely as well so wanted to reach out for conversation as well.

Today was the first day I've looked at the rant room and have to say I get frustrated at times. Hope you can look after yourself during this time.

Sending you hugs ,

A x

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:39 am

Hi betterinrecovery

Your commebts are spot on, and yes I felt I spoke for a few of us on here, who dontry to comment on posts especially of desperation and then they don’t come back, it’s hard like you said as were al, going through our own journey of battle/recovery.

I try when I come on to comment, but after I posted this, I did take on board some of earlier comments and looked after myself, now unfortunately I won’t respond to everything, just fir my own well being, as when I respond, I do find myself coming back to check to see if I need to respond again, yiu know,keep momentum and communication going, that thought and actions in itself takes up a lot of emotional energy.

But on the upside, at least a forum is here, and we make the best of it. :D

betterinrecovery wrote:Dear Teamn
Thank you for your post.
(I have not read all the replies above --not having a good time with the concentration)
perhaps you are giving voice to what some of us might also be thinking and feeling.

There are limitations to the amount support that can be given on a Forum like this - because it is open and there is no private messaging system attached. Also, if we are having a rough time, it can be a bit difficult, but still some of us ( I ), try our (my) best I think.

That aside, it is hard if messages of desperation are left on the site and then the person who posts them never returns.

For me it is difficult to read from someone in difficulty and then not to reply at all, I always hope that if I do not know what to say to help then someone else will know. On the other hand, we (I) , have to know our limitations, and we ( I) have to look after ourselves first.

My goal is to be more brave and to try and get involved in more convresations and threads,
with best wishes B

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:46 am

HinAlderree

Took me a while to get hang of it too, there was a lot more people on when I started, so although it was slow it wasn’t as slow as it is now. We as the people make it what it is and so if we’re strong enough to reach out, the communication flows.

but i wasn’t not having major go at anyone in particular, I think it’s just when you take the time to comment on someone’s request for help, it’s nice to have a comment back.

ive had good couple weeks, although feeling quite isolated socially, mentally and emotionally,I’ve haD more good days.

Hope your well, I’ll try and find your other post now , getting tire d though, so probably won’t comment until tomorrow now, after watching Wentworth catch up on channel 5, I came on here, but now nearly an hour past, eyes drooping which will mean I’ll get sloppy with writing , never good.

aldertree wrote:Hi Teamn,

I'm fairly new to this forum and to others but I agree it does only work if we help each other. I must admit when I joined here I joined a few other forums - maybe to address different problems, but also to try out different forums. Can't really say I've got the hang of them yet but I am exploring them. I get lonely as well so wanted to reach out for conversation as well.

Today was the first day I've looked at the rant room and have to say I get frustrated at times. Hope you can look after yourself during this time.

Sending you hugs ,

A x

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:57 am

Well I know I'm rubbish at actual dialogue, but I'd like to help keep it going too. I'm having a hard time of it today. Never done forums before.

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:10 am

But if people join and only post once feeling desperate, and don't reply, that's understandable it's part of what anonymous mental health forums are I reckon. I've found that hard and agree, and also worry about what impact my clumsy efforts have. But having a place for even a few people to talk is ace, I think we keep at it and appreciate and accomodate comers and goers. Hark at me talking like a seasoned expert. Been having a very asty day btw

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am

If I go down the wrong train of thought I end up with days of problems. Hate to say it but I find my daughter quite triggering sometimes (like now). Of course I feel like a complete **** for that but I swear she's making me more ill. Not on purpose. I'm going to do all the things that are supposed to help me get out of this reaction. Don't feel able to describe what it feels like. Should mention my therapist is away so I'm sure it's making a difference to not have that time to look ahead to for a feeling of getting help.

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:00 am

Sorry, just to update so as not to worry anyone, had a very calm, helpful chat with my daughter, heard her out what's on her mind (nothing to do with me), comforted her, explained sometimes I need to look after my own feelings so I can be strong enough to help her. Diffused that, so can get back to trying to calm myself

maisi

Postby maisi » Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:15 pm

Yep really hard the last few days, feel like I stepped back into a few months ago. More than anxiety, I'll just be honest for a change- a book about trauma recovery got me thinking about things I want to be able to handle, but can't. Over the course of a few days my reactions got worse till I was at the stage of feeling like the pavement isn't solid, like strong ripples are going through my legs and body, pulse is going to burst out of my neck, people talk to me and I'm struggling, I can't keep track of a normal conversation, I'm trying to look after my daughter. I've tried to calm myself, today it didn't work and I did my last resort of headphones top volume v angry energised music, just go with it. I'm not going to lose control and self harm, it makes me very ashamed afterwards and hurts! So boring to be going through a loop these days, still hopeful for therapy. I can see noone's online, but reply if you can when you see this. I thought I was fine a few months ago this is a shock.

Return to “Rant Room”