Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

this forum only works if we help each other

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
teamn

this forum only works if we help each other

Postby teamn » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:49 am

Hi

After months and months of not coming on here, I've come back to find I'm still aggrivated and frustrated by exactly the sane things I was frustrated by before. There are some of us on here who take the time not just to post about our own needs, but to try and be there for others, I'm sure those of us that do this , also do this with our relationships in real world. We do that for each other and others, I can think of only 4 people that consistently have done this since I started and are still doing it. People. Who join would do well to understand that if you want some help, support or convo, that there probably not the only one, so add to the forum by reaching out and having contact with others, and not just being selfish.

This forum reflects how I'm treated in real world and how I respond. I REALLY get frustrated when my posts are ignored , read but not responded, and when the person asking for help does not respond I mean I'll give it a few days or week I've realised how this works now, but still frustrating as the reason I come on here is to try and receive solidarity that I don't get I the world,

So when I'm being ignored or only having people say what they need and not bothered about how others feel once they feel there need is sorted it's just annoying

Fir the past two weeks my phone only rings to have people want something from me, I'm lonely , I feel myself getting frustrated, even though I'm blessed to give my new home. This is probably definitely triggering a response of my reaction towards this forum.

This forum not working fir me right now, (expect game book) I enjoy offering support but what I need is responses..

So I get that on here people may not even been well enough to respond so no grad feelings, it's just not working for my mental health, how at 11am can I be so agitated that I considering drinking. Time to go back to isolated living, so that I'm not frustrate by such things..

Just think people in today's culture very selfish, you try support and reach out and people don't seem to respect that anymore.

andthistoomustpass

Re: this forum only works if we help each other

Postby andthistoomustpass » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Hiya. I feel you. Part of the reason I rarely respond to new posters anymore is the need to look after my own health first by avoiding that frustration. You should look after yourself too. Hope you don't abandon us just yet, at least until you've survived the zombie apocalypse. On the plus side I have also seen many one time posters signing up just to reply to someone now there aren't so many regulars to do it.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:22 pm

Hi teamn,

Yeah, it's a shame that the space isn't used as much as it once was. I've found other places like MHF are much more active, with far more regular users. It's a shame, because so many new members end up being disappointed by the lack of responses. Those of us regulars on here do try and respond if and when we can, but there aren't many of us left unfortunately :/

Much love <3
RSxo <3

maisi

Postby maisi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:31 am

Totally new situation for me, forums in general, and MH conversations. But i can see how it works a bit, and fair enough it's supposed to be a conversation, not a lonely exercise in reassurance. Having said that, no idea why I'm replying as I've got to get my stuff together and go away camping in the morning- I owe my daughter that.

teamn

Postby teamn » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:29 am

Yhamke guys, yeah your all right

ATTMP! Definitely will take your advice and look after myself, being mindful of what posts I respond to, and definitely not leaving I'm totally hooked to the Zombies lol.

Rsxo, thanks yup I do see the 'oldies poppping up and responding' hope your well and enjoying other more active forums.

And maisi, your response made me laugh, have nice trip with your daughter

Rant over guys xx C YA

christabel

Postby christabel » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Hi teamn

I get the points you make totally. It can be terribly frustrating on here. Your input is greatly appreciated so here is a little (hug and thanks ) from me.

Sorry if I can't seem to contribute much at the moment. I do try to keep a track of how everyone is doing.

Take care. Chris

teamn

Postby teamn » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:40 pm

No apology needed christabel, none what so ever..thanks for the hugs

maisi

Postby maisi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:09 pm

Very pleased to have added some cheer. It was a good weekend it turned out. Slight kickback on getting home, also weird waking up in a tent with my first thing anxiety knowing how many people I'd have to face, but worth it for all the good stuff.

teamn

Postby teamn » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:41 am

Your a beater woman than me , proper camping trip..no glamping, caravans or cabins.. wow, glad yiu made it there abd back and hope dzughtervhad super start to her summer holidays.

sirhugo

Postby sirhugo » Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:31 pm

Hi my dear

just read this post. didn't know that you were feeling that way. if I've contributed to that feeling in anyway then my deepest apologies

trust me I've been there. One of the biggest triggers for my depression has been a feeling of being ignored and not being accepted. so I know exactly how you feel in that regard

I personally stopped responding to posts for much the same reason. plus I felt I was just repeating myself with my suggestions and not doing much good.

I agree that there is a lot of selfishness in this world. doubt that will every change unfortunately. but there is always some selflessness out there. it can just be hard to find sometimes

glad your enjoy your apocalypse adventures :D :D

Return to “Rant Room”