Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How much is mental health and how much is normal?

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How much is mental health and how much is normal?

Postby deb1960 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:13 am

Hi Emma

Periods often affect mood slightly . Because of my age I 'mpast that but I do remember just before that time I would feel like I could kill someone and I would realise my period was due. That was before I was ill. Once we've known depression or anxiety we immediately worry that we are ill.

Literature that I've read suggests that you shouldn't alter your medication until 6 months of good health. Doctors tend to reduce too early (again I read this) and this increases the risk of relapse., it's lovely for you to be well again. Had you been ill for very long?

I will look at the Tai chi. Everything is worth trying.

I'm quite up and down at the moment. I became depressed 22 years ago! That's not to say I've never had well periods. I was once well for 3 years and another time for 1 year. By and large I have about 3 good months followed by 3 bad.. However last autumn I went to have 7 bad months. The Summer's being quite good so far. It's always tempting to work out where my mood should be or will go and of course this is the opposite of mindfulness.

Have you been on your course yet? I hope you enjoy it. I'm going on Tuesday 21 with my husband to Stonehaven just for one night. Unfortunately I don't feel confident about more than one night away. We'll enjoy it though. And then, the RatS

Take care
Deb x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”