Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Hi! Newbie here.

If you're new and want to say hello...
lau

Hi! Newbie here.

Postby lau » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:35 pm

I'm new here, hi! I started this topic just to shortly introduce myself but now editing the first line because it turned out longer than I intended...

What brought me here? I'm a very lonely person working from home and surrounded by lots and lots of online and some irl friends that know nothing about me. When I try to integrate I get the impression that people I talk to are busy and don't really care. When others talk to me I'm all ears and always as helpful as I can. I'm tired of it. I feel like they are draining me without giving anything in return.

Irl friends only pop by when they want something from me. I feel that I'm only liked as long as I am useful.

The only person who I really get along with and who loves me unconditionally, is my bf. He's working long hours though and more often than not he's not here. And it's not that we don't fight sometimes, which feels like a deep black hole of despair after...

I get so lonely at times and have no one to talk to. So I wander around the net and pick forums on topics that interest me, where others talk, joke and have fun together. I write and get no answer. I don't know why. I'm nice. I'm interesting. I'm quite intelligent. And I feel like for others I could as well just not exist at all.

Can you say hi to me? :)

wills2804

Re: Hi! Newbie here.

Postby wills2804 » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:47 pm

Hi Lau,

I'm new here too but an old hand with mental health... I'm at about 15 years and counting, despite being "only" 34.

I'm a very lonely person too so would love to chat and hear about how you're feeling. See if maybe we can help each other.

I think I'm nice too... like to think I'm fairly intelligent, just can't seem to keep people close.

I'm here and like to listen.
Leigh

lau

Postby lau » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:09 am

Hi Leigh! I was almost scared to read your response at first, it's so unusual that someone actually responds to me! :lol:
We're almost the same age, I'm 35. I think my mental health isn't in its best shape too, so I can understand a lot.
I'm still trying to navigate this site, is there any live chat here or just forum? Anyway I'm here to listen to you too, whatever you feel you want to say. How has your day been? Mine quite unproductive, I had a project to finish and the deadline was today and I managed to finally finish it but it was torturous. I spent far more time searching for anyone's company. But the day was lovely and sunny and I actually feel pretty good.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:36 pm

Hi lau,

Welcome!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

lau

Postby lau » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi rsxo! :) How are you?

jf

Postby jf » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:04 am

Hi I have also just joined myself and no how you feel

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:38 pm

lau wrote:Hi rsxo! :) How are you?

I'm well, thanks for asking! I'm sure you'll find it much easier to talk to people on here - if nothing else, we all have mental illness in common, so that's something! On a serious note though, the community is lovely, so I'm sure you'll make friends here!x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

jf

Postby jf » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Hi folks hope your all doing ok

Return to “Newbies Room”