Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Motivational tips

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: Motivational tips

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:39 am

Thanks Emolja

I wander if people with physical health problems feel guilty.

Yesterday I picked up but today I feel rubbish. I'm going out soon so that should help a little.

Take care
Deb x

emloja

Postby emloja » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Hey Deb,
I hope your day changed a bit when you went out. I started to feel really crappy today (could be side effects of stronger meds)- hilarious really- what you have to go through to hopefully feel a little better! I sat in a meeting at work and reflected on what an amazing actress i really am- with no one having a clue. Some ways i think this helps as i have to put on a face and have to do certain things. I however am winging life at this moment.

I would imagine that if you were physically ill and having a relapse the last thing you would feel would be guilty- being kind to yourself may also come more naturally. As i am a private person it still may be something i kept to myself, but i can see myself as perhaps sharing with my boss just to make things a little easier. I do my best at work, but i am no way working to my potential, i have become master at 'getting by' and 'good enough' and it helps to not have a permanent boss. Interesting to think about! I am however reducing my working days in a few months time- i have said i want more of a work life balance but it is actually to help me cope better. On one hand i cannot wait as life could be so much easier. I do also worry though about working less as when i am really bad, time goes really slowly and i have zero motivation- I'm not sure when feeling like this i will cope well with extra non structured time. Sorry for the self absorbed waffle.
Look after yourself x
Last edited by emloja on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

jf

Postby jf » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:41 am

The lack off energy is a disaster, especially for me and completely not wanting to do much.

I set myself some challenges everyday some days all is in it is to get up out of bed

emloja

Postby emloja » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:03 am

Hi JF- yes challenges- sorry to hear life is tough at the moment. I agree it is important to set the challenges (however big or small) and try and be kind to ourselves for achieving these. I'm still working on realistic challenges. I think i am struggling with the battle in my head before i make the decision- e.g. I think i can't go to work and then feel the release of anxiety etc if i follow this through- then i think about the complications of not going to work and then go back to my original plan etc etc. Our heads are so complex. TC

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:51 pm

Hi Emolja

You're not waffling. I think it helps everyone if we talk about our problems. It often throws light on our own problems and can give us pointers.

It's nearly 11pm which is late for me. I'm tend to feel better in the evening but if I stay up too late II'm wrecked the next day.

Deb x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”