Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

TRIG Self anger, self harm and suicidal thoughts

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
capitalt

TRIG Self anger, self harm and suicidal thoughts

Postby capitalt » Wed May 30, 2018 10:21 am

It's all welling up again, trying so hard to supress it, scared of what I might do again.
Actually think I've been kinds hyper for ages and not realised.

Really HATE myself.

If I took good time to calm down, think about things, TALK AND LISTEN I'd be OK, but I'm a stubborn SOB !!!!!

Counselling ends in a few weeks, not sure it's helping but does put different perspectives on things, not sure I'll cope without it, not been coping alone for AGES.

Just want it all over, can't stand myself any more, made several S attempts just want one final successful one !!,

capitalt

Re: TRIG Self anger, self harm and suicidal thoughts

Postby capitalt » Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 pm

Meant to add, any suggestions to help get rid of these feelings would be welcomed.
Not sure what my future holds, never really thought about it, hardly looked further than my next crazy plan.

Please help, I'm drowning and no-one seems to understand how hard things have got for me.

Thanks

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Wed May 30, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello, you tried mindfulness? Hope things improve.

capitalt

Postby capitalt » Wed May 30, 2018 5:50 pm

I tried it a few times, then zoned out for hours, became scared so wary about trying it alone again.

sunchyme

Postby sunchyme » Thu May 31, 2018 2:49 pm

Hey, have you tried talking to your counsellor about the end of it? I know I was dreading the end of therapy but I made sure she knew that and she helped me a lot. Why is it coming to an end?

capitalt

Postby capitalt » Thu May 31, 2018 3:37 pm

It's with MIND, 12 sessions.
Can't get any help from MHT, only reablement, which is a way off yet.

sunchyme

Postby sunchyme » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:54 am

That sucks. I hate that therapy/counselling is only a fixed number of sessions over here. Most of us need so much more than what is on offer.

rsxo

Postby rsxo » Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi capitalt,

Really sorry to hear how you're feeling. The end of counselling for many people is really difficult because you come to appreciate how helpful talking to someone can be.

This might seem cliche, but writing in a diary can be really helpful - the reason it's cliche is because it works! Writing your thoughts and emotions provides some outlet, which is better than bottling up for sure.

If you really want the counselling to continue, you could use a private counselling service instead. I know that money doesn't come easy to most of us, but it's an option on the table.

Other things that really help are mindfulness (although you've already mentioned that this doesn't help), meditation (which has helped so many people I know) and exercise (as a way to burn that "emotional energy" off, it's surprisingly effective and also helps you keep healthy!).

Much love <3
RSxo <3

msg80

Postby msg80 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:27 am

Hi

I also recommend mindfulness, I did the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course when recovering from an illness. It's an 8 week course and takes place in a group, maybe worth seeing if there is one locally?

Take care

capitalt

Postby capitalt » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:09 am

Lots of things I used to do, then followed the wrong path, now struggling with the consequences.
Ruined EVERYTHING not realising I was doing so.
Such a shock to realise what I had done, fell into a very deep depression and only just coming out.
Looks like I coped with anxiety and depression with certain practices which only made things worse as I wasn't dealing with the problem, to be honest didn't see it, just subconsciously walked away.
The slippery slope to disaster.
Now little for foundations, been fighting S thoughts for ages.

Return to “Rant Room”