Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Zimovane (Zopiclone)

Ask, explore, query, share
tuanbusku

Zimovane (Zopiclone)

Postby tuanbusku » Thu May 24, 2018 3:00 am

I'm wondering does anyone else have experience of taking Zimovane (gen. "zopiclone"). I find it really helps me get to sleep, and is also good as a painkiller, as I'm also trying to get to the root cause of some physical pain, that's ben going on for two years now.
Unfortunately my dr recently deided to cut me back from 28 7.5mg to 14 3.75mg. I do find these really cure the pain , and they help me to stay asleep, but I usually end up taking 2 of the 3.75mg. I did try to explain that these help me sleep, and kill the pain , and also stop any anxious thoughts creeping in. I do realise that they can be addictive, but I've never had a problem with that. I've tried other ways to sleep, but having a zim as required is what works best. I would rather have a minor addiction than not sleep. I have always kept a low dose, of 1/2 to one 7.5 mg a night, but getting more is like getting blood out of a stone with my drs, I don't think they realise their effectivenss as a painkiller.

sh246

Re: Zimovane (Zopiclone)

Postby sh246 » Tue May 29, 2018 7:51 pm

I was on Zopiclone years ago for not sleeping well. I didn’t have a great experience with it but I know it helps a lot of people. I do know that it is very addictive which may be why your doctor is trying to wean you off it. Someone I know had the same issue. By the sounds of it you need stronger painkillers maybe with a sleeping tablet. Perhaps put that to your doctor? And maybe ask if there is an alternative to zopiclone you can take to help sleep?
I hope this helps.
Sarahh x

Return to “Information Exchange”