Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Medication query

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
lottie274

Medication query

Postby lottie274 » Fri May 18, 2018 11:11 am

I am currently on 20mg fluoxetine and I'm wondering if anyone else takes a higher dose as I don't think it's working at the moment so I was going to ask about going up to 40mg. I had some side effects when I started taking it and I don't want to get these again.
I was ok at new year but I feel like I'm slipping back into crisis and I don't know what to do. I've had so much counselling and it hasn't really helped. I can't explain it properly to my husband so I just don't say anything but I know he's concerned.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

c.j.

Re: Medication query

Postby c.j. » Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 pm

Hello. Your GP may suggest the same does for a different type of medication? Do you have plans how to alleviate the depression? What has your counsellor been suggesting to do?

lottie274

Re: Medication query

Postby lottie274 » Mon May 21, 2018 10:24 am

I was never given any really helpful advice to be honest. Just distraction techniques which work for a little bit. I don't want to take more medication but I don't know what else will help. I can't be like this, I have a 4 year old daughter to look after which I'm struggling with. I am in contact with my local childrens centre but again they can only give so much help. I realise I have to help myself ultimately so I'm reluctant to contact anyone as they all keep saying the same thing. Sorry to go on, it's nice to know other people understand my feelings on here.

Return to “Safe Room”