Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

should I stop covering my self harm scars?

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
kikitotoro

should I stop covering my self harm scars?

Postby kikitotoro » Thu May 17, 2018 10:05 pm

hi hope everyone is doing well today! I've got something I would like your input on:

I feel like I'm at a place were I can finally stop self harming, I haven't done it for over 2 months! I don't know whether I should show them or keep hiding them. I'm leaning towards not covering them as I want to raise awareness and help stop the stigma associated with mental health and self harm

any ideas on this would be very helpful, thank you :)

amandasantos

Re: should I stop covering my self harm scars?

Postby amandasantos » Thu May 17, 2018 10:25 pm

hi kikitotoro,

im proud of you and you should be proud of yourself for getting to a point in your life where you have finally stopped harming yourself, and well done for not doing it in 2 months! very happy for you! you shouldnt be ashmed or embarrassed about covering them, i believe it helps others see it for themself that it is not something they should put a blind eye on it, and yes you are helping raise awareness, above all the most important thing to do is WHATEVER makes u happy and comfortable with yourself, if you want to show them go for it! be proud of how far you've come on this journey and remind yourself how STRONG you are as a person! im very happy for you and its a joyful hearing your idea about this, hope you keep your head up, you have so much potential ahead of you!

and big cheer for your 2 months without self harming! YOU'RE DOING AMAZING!!

lots of love

<3

Return to “Safe Room”