Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Changing your GP

Ask, explore, query, share
slimhippo

Changing your GP

Postby slimhippo » Wed May 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Hello i am new here.

Had depression for 15 years or so..CBT is the most helpful therapy for me. Last GP visit my Dr overstepped my personal boundaries and tried to talk about religion. On this basis and after a lot of thought worry and anxiety i approached another local surgery to apply to be a patient there. They asked for a reason so i told them ... I hit the deck when i opened the mail to their reply... Which told me to take any grievances to my old surgery and sort it out with them as they know best. NHS choices says we have the right to choose our GP . im upset and muddled.. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

slimhippo

Re: Changing your GP

Postby slimhippo » Thu May 17, 2018 6:56 pm

Guess what folks... After i recovered from the slap in the face.. I wrote an honest letter to the surgery i was wanting to change to and explained that i didnt want to 'sort it out' with my old GP and that i was in a depression crisis and needed to be accepted by them... And today...? They rang me and said yes!! So hip hooray.. !I can now work towards a medication review and a fresh pair of eyes on my condition! My message to you? And to myself? HANG IN THERE when things look tough... TELL people your needs and try not to be devastated when things dont work out first time around. You WILL get there.. And its such a relief!
For anyone else who reads this... If you do have a grievance with NHS treatment, google PALS .. The patient liaison service... That would have been my next step. They look quite helpful there...
Good luck all xx
sH

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1082.aspx?CategoryID=68

slimhippo

Re: Changing your GP

Postby slimhippo » Thu May 17, 2018 6:58 pm

Guess what folks... After i recovered from the slap in the face.. I wrote an honest letter to the surgery i was wanting to change to and explained that i didnt want to 'sort it out' with my old GP and that i was in a depression crisis and needed to be accepted by them... And today...? They rang me and said yes!! So hip hooray.. !I can now work towards a medication review and a fresh pair of eyes on my condition! My message to you? And to myself? HANG IN THERE when things look tough... TELL people your needs and try not to be devastated when things dont work out first time around. You WILL get there.. And its such a relief!
For anyone else who reads this... If you do have a grievance with NHS treatment, google PALS .. The patient liaison service... That would have been my next step. They look quite helpful there...
Good luck all xx
sH

https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1082.aspx?CategoryID=68

Return to “Information Exchange”