Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

ADHD/ADD and/or bipolar

Ask, explore, query, share
capitalt

ADHD/ADD and/or bipolar

Postby capitalt » Sun May 13, 2018 11:39 am

I've been going through a tough time, past behaviours have caught up with me, having looked at many conditions I feel I may have missed being diagnosed with ADHD/ADD and/or bipolar.
For sure I don't think things through, have been very impulsive, have horrendous mood swings, anger problems, difficulty concentrating unless I'm interested and fully engaged.
I cabn be happy as Larry one minute and in tears the next, that said these aren't neccesarily regular occurrences, but occur during periods of high stress.
I can be the life and soul of a party for long periods of time,and may then crash and need long periods of rest, never seem to find a steady pace.
It's very hard accepting your failings, especially when you don't realise them for yourself until things get very bad !!
Hit me square between the eyes fairly recently, now I'm struggling to cope.
Stupid mistakes have lead me to where I am.
If only I recognised the signs earlier, hey ho.

jaycee

Re: ADHD/ADD and/or bipolar

Postby jaycee » Sun May 13, 2018 4:51 pm

I've been officially diagnosed with ADD fairly in my late 20s. It's not easy but it's possible. You just need to keep trying. First point of contact is GP and local mental health centres.

The meds certainly made a difference for me, controlled my impulsiveness and certainly helped me be more focussed at work.

I've done some stupid things in my 20s which definitely have affected my mental health too. It's a struggle but we've all got to keep trying.

capitalt

Re: ADHD/ADD and/or bipolar

Postby capitalt » Mon May 14, 2018 12:33 pm

Thanks Jaycee,

Sounds as though I could have done with that level of help ages ago.

Not working, one rash decision, amongst others, most of which had financial implications, what a mess !!!

CT

Return to “Information Exchange”