Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Medication

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
claretand

Medication

Postby claretand » Wed May 02, 2018 1:37 pm

I’ve been trying to get my medication in a monthly injection but my doctor keeps prescribing me different pills. I keep running out and so my mood is constantly all over the place.

betterinrecovery

Re: Medication

Postby betterinrecovery » Wed May 02, 2018 4:17 pm

can you take a friend and/or advocate with you to speak to the g.p.?
B

amandasantos

Postby amandasantos » Thu May 17, 2018 10:39 pm

hi betterinrecovery,

sorry to hear you're having bit of trouble with the GP, i can imagine how frustrating it is, having to go back and forth with medication supplys, my darling you have to understand that the GP by law has and best interest has to give you safest option depending on your health. I'd advise you to take someone with you who is close to you either a parent or a close friend of yours or even your carer if you have one, if you feel like the GP is not taking your request seriously, perharps next time you go in with your friend explain to the doctor that you would prefer not to be describe different tablets as its not helping with your stability in behaviour and defeats the whole purpose of the medication and see what he says, i know medication have side effects but try sticking to one that doesnt give you so many side effects dalring. hope this helps you a little bit.

Lots of love

xxx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri May 18, 2018 2:28 am

Hi betterinrecovery

Have you thought about changing gp? It's a bit problematic but can be done.

Good luck

Isap x

Return to “Safe Room”