Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

My story is too long

If you're new and want to say hello...
belvoir333

My story is too long

Postby belvoir333 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 am

Hello
This is my first visit to anything like this but I am in total despair and have no idea where to turn.
My story is far too long and complex but I will introduce myself as having long standing depression and anxiety for which I have received all sorts of medication and help.
In 2004 I stopped working ( a well paid successful job) as I suffered a breakdown and in 2009 I was deemed too ill to return to my job and given I’ll health pension.
I was awarded ESA contributions based benefit as it wasn’t a means tested benefit and my pension didn’t affect this.
I have no idea I genuinely don’t but in Ictober of last year DWP contacted me to say fir all of those years I hadn’t declared my pension to them and my ESA was halved. As a result my council tax benefit has been overpaid too. I was interviewed under caution in February by the local council and on Saturday received a letter to say I am to be prosecuted fir benefit fraud.
It fell on the same day my lovely son who is in the military had to return to work following his EAster leave and I just feel absolutely suicudal.
I have spent most of the night on the phone to the Samaritans who please don’t get me wrong listen but can’t offer advice,
I just don’t know what to do. I’ve taken Duloxatine during the night which I only started on last week (normally have 200mg of Sertraline and Diazapam but the Dr changed it )/All it seems to do is make me vomit.
My life really is in a mess and I just can’t cope anymore

gsb

Re: My story is too long

Postby gsb » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi

I strongly suggest that you visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau (or at least telephone them) and tell the full story to them. They will explain your options and help you to do what you need to. Take any paperwork you have with you. It's all completely confidential.

Best of luck

G
"There's no wreckage that's too broken to rebuild"

upagainstit

Re: My story is too long

Postby upagainstit » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi .
I went through a similar experience to the one that your currently experiencing. I think, and don't get me wrong i'm no expert, just my opinion, that the reason that you feel so bad is because of the stress put upon you by the dwp. Other people will have had this happen to them so your not alone and the citizens advice will know what to do. It seems like a heartless thing to do to you. But I think that when it's finally sorted you can put it behind you an start to build yourself back up. I hope it's sorted soon.

Return to “Newbies Room”