Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

So i need help

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
belladaisy2018

So i need help

Postby belladaisy2018 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:50 am

Hi,

So I'm diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder and my friends are all fully aware of this and I have explained it to them

but.. whenever i try to reach out for support (which is a rarity now) I'm just completely ignored and my problems are disvalued.

example-- i tried talking to them about a situation that i didn't know how to deal with because it was making my anxiety really bad and they barely responded and just told me to deal with it? and a similar situation happened again just now where i explicitly said my anxiety was really bad and that i'd just had another panic attack - again, ignored and they continued talking about what was triggering me even when i asked kindly if they would stop

not sure what to do because i have basically no support network and it's too difficult to deal with alone, surely im not asking for much?

i want to try explain this to them but i don't want to come across mean/ungrateful for their friendship but they are making it so much harder to deal with

any advice is greatly appreciated, thank you x

upagainstit

Re: So i need help

Postby upagainstit » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:00 pm

I'm new to this forum and i have been reading a few posts and came across yours. i suffer anxiety and depression, really bad at the minute. i do have support luckily but like you I've told people and they seem to dismiss how bad i feel. i think that we have told people how we feel but they just don't "get it" I'm sure they don't do it intentionally, but that doesn't help much

Return to “Mutual Support Group”