Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Cleaning at home

For a cuppa - and a chat...
betterinrecovery

Re: Cleaning at home

Postby betterinrecovery » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:53 pm

I am carrying on with the decluttering- it is a major challenge. Perhaps, as I get more mature I am beginning to realise it is quality not quantity that matters.

I am also going to make a scrap book, then instead of keeping loads of magazines, I will just keep the page I am interested in... that is the plan anyway.

letting go it is not easy, I think, but it is possible.

B

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:58 pm

Hi b

Sounds like a good plan. We moved home to downsize a couple of year ago and it made me have to clear a lot of unnecessary stuff out.
The amount of things that we hang on to thinking we will use them is ridiculous. I found that it has reduced housework immensely, hurray, and having less clutter helps my mind to be less cluttered.

I have just put a pile of magazines to one side to go through before I pass them on so I'm hoping this rubbish weather stays a bit longer and I get them done.
Keep up the good work but don't put yourself off by piling it on yourself too much.
X Chris

christabel

Postby christabel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:07 pm

Come to a bit of a stand still Here. How is it going with you?

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:13 am

Hi Christabel,
I have been meaning to reply. I have a limited amount of energy for writing just now, if I am on here and see someone in obvious distress, I feel I have to acknowledge this, by writing them a reply. then I am late in replying to you.
It is nice to 'chat' to someone with similar experiences.
My clutter is a challenge, but just throwing things out and giving things away does not solve the problem. Good understanding of what I bought and why is the best way to prevent continuing with this problematic behaviour.
I have to say, I have some pretty dresses and I intend to wear them and enjoy them.
I have some nice shoes too and I intend to wear them and not keep them for that 'special occasion'.
It is 2 am in the morning, people prone to depression (like me) are better off asleep.
so best wishes, will try to write regularly.
B

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:45 pm

Hi B

No worries I totally get it and I am very much like that myself. Don't feel pressured just a reply when you feel up to it is lovely. TY.

Been feeling a bit poorly last few days but a bit better today. Have a follow up appointment with consultant tomorrow so see what they want me to do. Been reducing down steroids which apparently can make you feel off.

Clothes wise I am hanging on to summer stuff that is practically brand new in hope that at some point I can shift the excess baggage . Can't seem to get in the right mindset. But it seems to be a problem with quite a few of my family at the mo.
Take care. X Chris

PureFrustr8d

Postby PureFrustr8d » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:26 pm

Hey,

I just wanted to see if you are ok? I noticed your reaction to a distressing post. It's really hard when people post things like that re ending their life. You have done the kindest of things replying and checking up on the member, unfortunately they don't always come back. That's not to say they have harmed themselves though. Try to consider that they write their post and see all the support given and rethink their situation. Some people think no-one cares and that view is contradicted when they get a reply. It just takes one person to make a difference.

I do hope you're alright,
Peace

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:14 pm

Dear P,
thank you so much, I'm fine, I've been away and I left my computer type things at home: laptop e.t.c.
yes, I was very concerned.
What bothered me in particular was that the member was young and that he ( I think it was a fella),
had actually devised a tool to take his life and was doing more than just talking about it.
Also, I know that men are more likely to go through with a plan to take their lives (if they have made one) than women.
I have to believe that all is O.k. with him.

I also have to recognise that I am not in a brilliant place with my mental health, so I have to becareful with what I read and reply to.

I am glad to say that most of post here get a timely reply.

very best wishes, thanks for looking out for me
B.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Also,
to Christabel,
I feel as if the clothes in my room are multiplying all by themselves, I have given away 3 bags to the charity shop.. but still there is stuff all over the place!

I looked at a YouTube clip, and saw a lady doing exactly what I do- keeping things. it was a bit of an eye opener.
I think I need to be kind to myself just now as rather than getting cross and telling myself off.

Some of these things were bought when I was feeling sad or lonely or both...some I have derived some enjoyment from e.g. the bright scarves. Some have been gifts -again the bright scarves.
Some have been brilliant charity shop finds.
Some not so much.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today especially with the meds reduction.
with best regards
B

christabel

Postby christabel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Hi B

Can you wear a scarf to look nice? I always feel I look a mess if I try. Some people it just looks natural and it takes no effort. Maybe it's my short fat neck. Lol.

My sorting has come to a stop but with the weather forecast being rubbish I might get going again. How are you doing?

Hope you are as good as you can be and nice to hear from you.

Xxx Chris

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi Chris!
Nice to see your posts! I have a cold, so not so good. I have a temperature and the rest…
With the scarves…they can help draw the eye to the clothes you are wearing…and the scarf doesn’t have to be tight…and away from your neck if that is what you wish.
Will say more when feeling less rubbish.
Re healthy food- I hate salad in the main. I buy it and it goes off in the fridge if himself doesn’t eat it.
I think it would be better if I said “ this is me, I don’t like salad but I will try home-made soup”.
Today I took clothes and books to the charity shop and came back with 6 cups and saucers!!!!
Oh My!

Best Wishes
B

Return to “The Kitchen”