Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:11 am

Hello Caro

Thanks so much for the information and your kind reply.

You've obviously been through hell yourself and survived. I find that inspiring. I was on Cymbalta until recently which is an AD and treats fibromyalgia, a word I didn't know before that.

Did you take Tramadol every day for a while?

I guess constipation is an irritant more than anything else.

Isap xx

caro

Postby caro » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:46 pm

Hello Isap

I don't think anything i have gone through matches the awful things that you are dealing with.
I have no idea how you get through each day. That really is inspirational.

I take tramadol 4 times daily when I have a fibromyalgia flare. It does help, but i am careful with my intake because of the addiction risks. I also take Amitriptyline, so again have to be careful with interactions.

I hope it is ok to post every so often. I have autism, and worry i may say the wrong thing.
I want you to know that you are never alone, and that people here do care. Xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:44 am

Hi Isap

Caro has been able to answer your questions regarding constipation.

I have been very lucky regarding side effects but am aware that for some people they can be hell, sometimes worse than the depression/ anxiety itself.

Thinking of you and praying for you
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:47 am

Hello Caro

Thanks again for your kind reply. I would never have guessed you had autism, you are kind and compassionate and a lovely person.

Please post whenever you feel like it, I need all the support I can get. There is zero risk that you might unintentionally day something that might upset me. Unlike my friends and relatives.

Today I took 3 Tramadol and was zonked out. It is the only peace I can get. I do it every 3 days, as you said, it's very addictive

Isap xx

Hello Debs

Thanks as always for your faithful support. As I've said before, you and. caro are far more tactful and genuinely empathetic than most of my friends and relatives who hardly ever contact me anyway.

There was another phone search last night. 5th time in 5 months which is a lot. The fear solved my current constipation, at least temporarily.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:15 pm

Hi Isap

That made me smile; that the search sorted your constipation. I'm sure though that the whole thing is horrible. I'm glad that you get some peace with the tramadol. The way you use them means you won't become addicted. That's how I use zopiclone when I need them.

Take care
God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:30 am

Hello Debs

I actually based my Tramadol usage on your zkpiclone usage.

I saw a psychiatrist on Wednesday. This lady is good, unlike her idiot predecessor. She's keeping me on 75mg venlafaxine for another month to let the body get used to the side effects. The spike in anxiety is the worst one. She also said taking Tramadol is ok.

Otherwise my miserable life goes on along with the cellphone hide and seek game. Some of the locals actually enjoy life here, they make new friends and get access to drugs. Same lifestyle as outside.

God bless

Isap xx

caro

Postby caro » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:34 am

Hello Isap

I am pleased you feel confident with the psychiatrist. Having that trust there is important.

I find Tramadol helps with my pain, but also lifts my mood. Apparently it is similar to antidepressants in its make up.
I have never felt addicted to it, going many days without it, then starting up again when needed.
Like a lot of medications, i think it is unfairly reported.

Take care and keep strong xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Feb 16, 2019 6:55 am

Hello caro

Thanks again for your continued support and the information about Tramadol.

Tramadol is actually an SNRI anti-depressant (in the same class as Efexor and Cymbalta). I wish I could take every day and spend the whole day in a state of oblivion. It combines well with psychiatric drugs despite "major warning" on the net. Tomorrow is a Tramadol day for me.

Hope you are doing ok yourself.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:23 am

Hi Isap

That's strange that tramadol is an SNRI and yet creates dependency. ADs don't normally do that.

I hope today is peaceful for you on this tramadol day. I am glad your logic lets you have breaks. Whenever I suggest this to people who can't sleep they never take up this idea.

God bless
Debs xx
I

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:54 am

Hi Isap

I wander do you ever feel ambivalent (i think that's the right word) about death. I'm having some very hard days. On these days i don't know if I want to live or die. It gets worse and I am lost in it for a while (stuck). I always know there'll be more suffering. Even on my good days I know this.

I used to think that one day I'd get better but realistically that won't happ en.

I hope you don't mind such a negative text but when it comes to how bad I feel there's no one on the forum anymore that has this experience.

God bless
Debs xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”