Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
teamn

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby teamn » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Hi ISAP

Did yiu mean that choice between No phone and no kareoke would be hard or would not be? Unfortunate it was playing so loud though and more currpt guards . Omg. Please stay safe and look after yourself.

Wow in all my years, I've never heard about being disqualified from meetings if yiu smoke, but not drink.wow.

How's things today with you , hope your getting sleep. Saying you gotta fend for self I Jail really puts a perspective on it. I hope on your release that your wife is waiting at AirPod or gates with open arms as I'm sure she can't wait to be back with you either, it will be like aloveky science from a movie. Chin up a ISAP.chin up yoiir doing really well

Yeah my faith helped me, as well as this forum and getting alto of things out my mind onto paper

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:02 am

Hi Natalie

Thanks again for your support.

I don't want to speak too soon but the karaoke machine seems to have been removed. There are so many sources of stress here that noise is just too much for me to cope with when your nerves are shot anyway.

I pray I'm out of here before the end of the year.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:07 pm

Hi Isap

I hope you haven't had to contend with more karaoke. That would drive me mad. When I'm in the house I rarely play music or watch TV. I like to sit in peace. Strangely I am quite happy with busyness when I'm out. At one time I was living in a flat and the woman who owned the flat through the wall let it out to travelling people. Noise would erupt at 2 or 3 in the morning when they returned from wherever as kids ran up and down and people shouted. Fortunately a tougher character than them lived below and managed to intimidate thtem enough to get them out. It was horrible at the time though and of course the owner got the money without all the bother.

I saw my mum the other day when I went down south with my daughter. I have a brown mark on my left cheek which was checked and found to be solar lentigo, caused. by getting older. Yet again my mum went onto me for not putting concealer on it. It really doesn't look bad at all but I'm starting to ask people. I have no understanding why my mum or anyone would make such a big deal. Unfortunately my mum thinks that getting old means she can say whatever she wants.

I'm continuing my meditation and trying to be mindful. I would say the whole mindful idea helps me a little. Sometimes now when it occurs to me that a. negative event could happen it is quickly followed by my remembering that this is not real but just my reaction. That's got to be an improvement.

Apologies for the mundane talk. I suppose to me my mum seems anything but mundane.

God Bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:43 am

Hi Debs

Great to hear from you as always. Good that you got to see your mum if nothing else.

The stress I've been under recently has been crushing but nothing I can control so have to put up with it. No point in writing a list of grievances. As you said, it's my reaction to it that is the problem. All I can do is pray and keep in a mindful state as much as possible.

God bless

Isap xx

teamn

Postby teamn » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:18 am

Hi Debs..

Sorry I bypassed your comment before, when I realise I tried to find it but kept missing it. Thanks or responding and yup totally agree that looking fir guidance seems to be the road I'm travelling on, rather than the path of answers.

quote="deb1960"]Hi Natalie

Lovely to.' hear' your voice again. I'm so glad that things have improved for you. That you are rebuilding your faith is great. I find a lot of comfort in my faith. I no longer look for answers but guidance.

Take care and God Bless
Deb x

Hi Isap

The JWs are obsessed about smoking aren't they? Bringing you meds though is good of them and it sounds as if your chap is decent.

I'm sorry you have such physical health problems too. It must augment (is that the right word) your depression/ anxiety. So far (touch wood) my physical health has always been robust. I go against the argument that mental illness increases the likelihood of physical health problems. I suspect that it is the lifestyle many people are 'forced' into by depression, a poor diet, drinking,smoking more, less exercise etc.

I am aware that I am perhaps taking a risk with my health. I no longer go for smear tests, mammograms or bowel screening. A couple of years ago I needed to have a test due to certain symptoms. I became so anxious that I became convinced I would go back into the depths. I know my thoughts are illogical but I can still say after all these years that I would succumb to terminal cancer before going back to that hell. At least with cancer there's an end in sight. If what I'm saying offends you I'm sorry. I know it offended a friend of mine. It's simply due to my experience.

I don't mind if your posts are about you. I find them interesting. I just wish you didn't have to experience this.

God Bless
Debs xx[/quote]

lonelybrokenheart

Postby lonelybrokenheart » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:20 am

I'm going through a trial too. The justice system is broken and most people shouldn't be sent down. Punishment to vulnerable people is dealt before they even get to court. I lost my family, son, gIrlfriend and dog last week so I'm struggling to cope with all the anxiety of prison etc.. I've been dragged around the court system for like 2 years now. I'm no saint, but I am a good caring person deep down. I am changing my ways whilst fighting every system alone (only got my mum left). She's good support but even she is almost out of fight. I'm so broken that I have been thinking about walking away from my son because the torture is brutal. I joined today because nobody is there. As much as the world has drained me of life, I will still listen to others suffering. I know how it feels and I've a lot of experience in mental health. People with experience are the only ones that can help. So for however long I can survive, I'll be here to help.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 pm

Hello lonelybrokenheart

Things must be tough. It's good you're still fighting though.

Take care, Deb x

Hi Isap

Being in prison is awful enough even if things are going smoothly. With the prison system where you are the constant problems must seem insurmountable. Problems isn't really the right word. It's the corruption that must really be hard to deal with.

I am working at mindfulness and meditation, though I've missed my medications a few times. I am seeing a bit of a difference in my attitude which can only be good.

God Bless
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:46 am

Hi Isap

How are you?
I've suddenly realised that you had a. ?court /hearing on Friday. How did it go?

Take care, God Bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:41 am

Hi Debs

Hearing is August 13th.

This month has been my worst since getting arrested. Noise driving me crazy and migraine headaches as a result.

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:49 am

Hi Isap

I got my months wrong.

I feel so sorry for you. To have all this added on is just horrible. I wish I could alter your situation. God knows mental illness is bad enough even in ideal circumstances.

I will keep posting. Don't worry about posting back. I hope some others read and manage a line. I'm not criticising anyone but I think you need as many good wishes as possible.

Posting when II'm crap is good for me as I feel that at least I can achieve something.

God Bless
Debs xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”