Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
Isap

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby Isap » Mon May 14, 2018 10:55 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for your continued support. None of the regular posters are posting anymore and there's a suspected troll.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Hi Isap

It's a shame when we lose people on here.

Whilst I can guess a troll is a bad thing, I don't actually know what it is. Could you enlighten me please?

I am assuming that nothing much has changed in your situation. I wish I could give helpful advice. Hopefully just sending messages is a wee bit of support.

I am continuing to meditate though I stopped for four days due to stuff going on.

Take care
Deb xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue May 15, 2018 2:44 am

Hi Debs

A troll is a person who joins an internet forum with the express purpose of annoying people. It's difficult to tell on MH forums because people are generally disturbed but I have my suspicions. As a rule they never thank anyone for a reply either.

My situation no change its wanton cruelty I'm being made to jump through all the hoops unnecessarily.

I manage 10 minutes meditation most mornings, it doesn't matter if you miss some days.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi Isap

I don't understand trolls etc. It makes no sense to me to deliberately cause anyone difficulties. I suppose some people have a personality and a life that brings out the worst possible version of themselves. I'm sure that it's the pathetic need for power that brings them to prison to work and treat you so appallingly.

I think too that for many of us suffering helps us to care for others, though you have very little opportunity to do that.

Your in my prayers

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Thu May 17, 2018 2:49 am

Hi Debs

Thanks for the support and prayers, I really need them.

I don't know what's happened to this forum. If it's not irrelevant stuff about gardens and games, it's really heavy trig content I'd rather not read, let alone reply to. I think some end up here because they're ignored on other forums.

For the time being at least this is the only thread I'll look for and reply to.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:52 am

Hi Isap

I miss the familiar faces. I find that if I answer to a first post it's unlikely I will get an answer. These days i only give a brief welcome. Andthistoo writes his diary and i sometimes pop on that. Em has a tough time and I pop on her's sometimes.

I think communiation, no matter how brief is very necessary.

I am reading a book 'Woman on the Edge of Time', fiction. I read it in my twenties and had forgotten how much I liked it. I am hopeless at. ?synopsis but the main character of the book is a Mexican living in America who spends long stretches in a psyci hospital and is treated like garbage. Sounds depressing I know. But sheis contacted by someone from 2137 where everyone and everything is treated with respect. She also sees a dystopian future. The ending is very satisfying. She gets her own back big style.

Going by Trump, your situation and many other things, a dystopian future seems ever more probable. Sorry to end on that low note.

I will continue to pray for you.

Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 am

Hi Isap

Got up with no place to go; I don't work on Fridays. Unfortunately I promised the 80 year old priest that I'd see to the weeds in the church garden. I live opposite the church and felt guilty when I saw him weeding recently. So shortly I will go over for an hour.

With mindfulness I don't manage to focus on the present fully but I often manage to deliberately take in that which is around me. That helps a little.

Thinking and praying for you

Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Fri May 18, 2018 10:11 am

Hi Debs

Thanks again so much for your support. I think it's great you are helping with the weeding.

I just attended the weekly 2 hour JW meeting held on Fridays. It's deadly boring and nothing but propaganda, but I try and attend when I don't feel totally crap. The Japanese guy only comes on Wednesdays.

Even the newbie threads are pretty bleak of late. It takes someone in a good state to read and reply.

Thanks for the prayers. One day they will be answered.

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun May 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Isap

Yes, one day this terrible ordeal will pass. I'm just so sorry that it's lasting so long.

I'm going to have a quick look at the newbie posts but I don't answer many nowadays.

Do you go to the JW meeting each month. I can imagine it being boring. I am far from mindful at mass. Sometimes I raise my head for the 'body of Christ' and intend to raise it again for. 'the blood of Christ' and the next thing I know is we're well past that bit.

I'm praying for you
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon May 21, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi Debs

Thanks as always. Good of you to peruse the newbies. The quality of advice being given is way down from what it used to be. Anyone with any sense moves on but one or two haven't and when they're not perpetually moaning their replies to others are more about themselves, I'm sorry to say. Or one line of generic sterile rubbish.

The JW have a two hour minimum weekly Friday meeting now. I'm going to try and go every other week but just sitting there on a hard bench is very uncomfortable. It's questions based on articles in their monthly mag Watchtower. No discussion, mike passed round and people repeat parrot fashion what's written, usually in their own language. Doesn't help that there's little I agree with usually. But I have to keep in with them

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”