SANE Support Forum

Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
andthistoomustpass

Re: Emotional resilience and the impact of its lack

Postby andthistoomustpass » Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:21 pm

Diary Entry

Well, it's been a week and my better mood is continuing. :D
Recognising the negative narrative and not fusing with it has been central to that.
Some teenie-tiny steps on addressing habitual behaviours which have gone well, I am not pushing myself here, I am recognising what is realistically achievable, avoiding putting myself under pressure with shoulds and musts, and just nudging my behaviours in the right direction.

A habit I want to develop is putting aside some time to meditate each day, I think that this will help with the anxiety and help stop me from obsessing over one thing to the extent that I ignore everything else.

Feeling hopeful and pleased with myself. :D

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:41 am

Well done!

Deb x

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:41 pm

Hi andthistoo

I have been meditating regularly for a few weeks now. I spend between 15 and 20 minutes each evening. I miss the odd night but try to stick to it. Also I've been using the mindfulness book by mark Williams and Danny penman 'Finding peace in a frantic world. It's an 8 week course and considered very good. I think I am benefitting a little and if meditation is sporadic it can't really help. I sound like a know all but I don't mean to

Take care
Deb x

Return to “Mutual Support Group”