Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

BPP and finance

If you're new and want to say hello...
r.g.loom

BPP and finance

Postby r.g.loom » Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:26 am

Ok pay days round the corner and I have to say I'm getting better at budgeting
I've always had trouble managing my own money. Like everything else I'm emotionally lead when it comes to money. I get very impulsive when I'm in crisis and over the years this has caused numerous episodes of financial hard ship, debt, administration orders and bankruptcy.
But now I have my DBT skills I'm starting to see that there is a pattern to my spending.
Also I'm starting to notice that because of those skills I'm able to choose. So I've turned of one click on Amazon and at Christmas I brought a financial calendar that gives you a financial task a day. ....... I've paid back my overdraft and paid my bills in advance over the last few months....BPD is not the problem my associated behaviour is.

gabry

Re: BPP and finance

Postby gabry » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi r.g.
I have phases where I tend to spend more than I can afford. I started going out with just £2 in my purse and leaving my debit card at home. It was a great feeling to be able to pay all the bills and have a bit of a surplus in the bank - which paid some recent arrears coz of benefit suspension. I had a bit of a meltdown, but it could've been a lot worse!
Well done for what you've achieved!

r.g.loom

Re: BPP and finance

Postby r.g.loom » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:46 am

Dear Gabby,

It's hard when your compulsive behaviour out ways your rational mind.
The thing that's the most detrimental behaviour of BPD.
I have had to move away from people and society so as to get a better handle on my disorder.
And it's hard. Anytime you need a chat I'm always about

Return to “Newbies Room”