Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Slo cooker talk

For a cuppa - and a chat...
christabel

Re: Slo cooker talk

Postby christabel » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:05 pm

Winner,winner chicken dinner. Well hopefully.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:25 am

Hi
we had chicken too. wrapped in some sort of bacon.
I was one of those cook in a foil tin jobs. It was tasty.
Then watched country file with the discussion about buying cheap or expensive cuts of pork and the cost of raising pigs humanely.
it seem one must avoid eating meat or have money to have high principles.

I am on the process of changing meds...so I, like you, crave the carbs, the sugar. there is no cake, biscuit or pudding that is safe in this house just now.
I have obviously put on weight in the last 10 weeks.
I know its the meds causing the cravings, my husband knows too, but some other people feel that they need to give me health and nutrition advice and the 'go to the gym' advice.
:roll:
I wish they would wind their necks back in.
Well, till later in the week,
best wishes
B
p.s. the latest fashion is for people to give unsolicited 'advice' to people they think are over weight. We are 'the out' group, thanks to the popular media.

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:26 am

PPs
wishing you well,
B

christabel

Postby christabel » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:01 pm

Hi B

I used to get informed that I was getting larger a few years ago but after I was so poorly I think my hubby knows now that is hard for me and that just being able to keep myself steady with my anxiety and depression is more important. Plus I threatened I could get him in his sleep. :twisted:

I think if we took notice of everything they try to tell us we would not eat or drink anything. I try not to analyse too much. Says her eating corned beef and tomato toastie.
X Chris

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:22 pm

Dear Chris,
sorry I am slow in my replies.
I might have said that we have been away. Since I have been home I haven't sat still to read all the posts.
I have just seen your post above.

My husband is understanding an like yours, prioritises my mental health above weight loss.

I am going to try the 'broken record' approach to my most superior and fit in laws, the 'long walks and their jogging mafia'.
I shall say "my Doctor is reviewing the situation, it's all in hand".
They must think I sit round all day with a bucket of chocolates round my neck----I wish :x

Anyway, I hope you are as well as you can be today.

B
p.s. I had an excellent time away and I ate cakes, cakes and more cakes and then scones :D

christabel

Postby christabel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Hi b

So pleased you had a good time away. Cake sounds good to me and they recommend it as a cure all. Bring it on.

I must admit I am trying to take some control of my eating and have stocked up with salad and fruit. Not a good idea when it has turned really cold outside and not forecast for any better.
I've managed to do a bit of walking the last few days also. I'm not saying too much to people as I find they can try to sabotage things.

How are you at the moment? Made anything tasty? Think I have stuff to make casserole tomorrow. Easy but healthy, hot and tasty.

Xxx Chris

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:29 pm

(the same message as on the other thread)
Hi Chris!
Nice to see your posts! I have a cold, so not so good. I have a temperature and the rest…
With the scarves…they can help draw the eye to the clothes you are wearing…and the scarf doesn’t have to be tight…and away from your neck if that is what you wish.
Will say more when feeling less rubbish.
Re healthy food- I hate salad in the main. I buy it and it goes off in the fridge if himself doesn’t eat it.
I think it would be better if I said “ this is me, I don’t like salad but I will try home-made soup”.
Today I took clothes and books to the charity shop and came back with 6 cups and saucers!!!!
Oh My!

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:37 pm

I agree about the sabotage business,
but when I get over this cold, I shall join you in the secret exercise and happy eating club - if that's o.k.

Did you ever read the book 'What Katy did at School' by Susan Coolidge ?
the young ladies had a secret club, they read poetry and shared cake and goodies, they also kept a look out for Miss Jane - the form mistess.

Best wishes
B

betterinrecovery

Postby betterinrecovery » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:43 pm

When Katy What Katy did at School
brief synopsis:
Carr and her sister Clover leave for boarding school, they are weighed down by worry. How will their father manage without their help? Can they ever hope to fit in and make new friends? When the Carr girls arrive, they meet the principal, Mrs Florence, who is tall, dignified and very strict: there are no less than thirty-two rules that students must adhere to! And with Miss Jane always on the prowl to discover the slightest fault, Katy fears that it might be more difficult to stay out of trouble than she'd hoped. But then she meets Rose Red - irrepressible, unconventional, and always full of fun. With the right friends, Katy can't help but get into all sorts of scrapes.
found at
https://www.bookdepository.com/What-Katy-Did-at-School-Susan-Coolidge/9780349009612

Return to “The Kitchen”