Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
tui88

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby tui88 » Fri May 21, 2021 1:40 pm

Hi There

I have suffered from depression for many years but was only properly diagnosed about 5 years ago. In the last year it got worse when my father passed away from brain cancer. Shortly after his death my long term partner left me which in turn set off a chain reaction of events. I started drinking heavily and abusing drugs which resulted in me getting caught drink driving, and landed me in rehab. I've since been sober but I am really struggling to be happy. I know I don't want to drink or do drugs again but my mood is all over the place, I am insanely lonely, I miss my ex girlfriend a lot and am pretty certain she has moved on which makes me even sadder.
I feel suicidal a lot and don't feel there is much point in carrying on. I just hate that this is the hand I've been dealt and really wish I didn't exist in the first place.

sunset

Postby sunset » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:26 pm

New here. No one to talk to. Have had depression for longer than I can remember. Recent diagnosis of anxiety. Several long term health conditions, which saw me retire in my 30’s. In my 40’s. On medication for depression & my other health issues. Not coping right now, lockdown certainly didn’t help me. Now I can’t bear to be around strangers.

heloise

Postby heloise » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:25 am

Hello Whoever is there! I had hoped to write my message in Bold, Italic, & Color, to introduce myself as the Victorian Lady that I am, but it didn't work, like many things recently. I am a young looking 79 years; my 51 year old son lives with me in an apt. He is diagnosed Paranoid Schizophrenic and he is now having drug problems. He is a very high functioning man for his illness; has been a great musician all his life & we get along, are best friends even, except this last year when he's been using. My story is too long for here, but also have a Stress related illness, so caring for my son is often difficult. I thought this way of sharing might help me when I feel like I could run naked down the street screaming!! Since he can have a volatile temper, I can't express my sometimes hurt, disappointed, unhappy feelings. That happened tonight. When I came to bed I thought maybe there was a chat room/forum, somewhere I could express my feelings & hear from others.
I've never done this before, but I just felt like screaming tonight. I quietly did my crossword instead!
With loving prayers from me to all of you, Heloise

natasha25

Postby natasha25 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:53 pm

I'm Natasha.
i'm 33 year old.. and struggeling alot at the moment. Last night lets just say i called an ambulance and begged to be taken in for help, instead they sent the police and made me feel like a criminal. this has affected me massively. and now im put off calling for help..

ive suffered with anxiety and depression also PTSD since i was 14, due to a bad time as a child (sxl abuse) and now at 33 it has never been so bad, some days i wake up and wish i hadnt, other days i can be full of energy and feel like i can do anything i put my mind too..but the down days are seriously turning me into a shell of who i was..i dont feel like me anymore. So here i am and just joined today, i dont know what im searching for here, maybe to talk to people in a similar situation..

Thankyou for reading

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:23 pm

Hi Natasha,

Please don't be put off by your recent experience. Recognising that you would benefit from some support and seeking it are important steps on the journey to recovery.

Please try reaching out again until you get what you need. Always remembering that you are not alone and that there are people who feel similarly to you.

Take care

wetlettece

Postby wetlettece » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:50 am

Hello There, I have just recieved my late diagnois of Autism level 2, I am also suffering from complex PTSD Psychosis and depression, I waited 3 years to see a psycharist via a telephone conversation, which Im not too happy about, due to the lack of support he was prepared to NOT offer anything, his advise was to refer me back to minds matter for some CBT therapy. He also advised me that I was not suffering from depression but what confused me the most is why would he write to my GP with advice on uping my medication to 200mg which are antidepressants. Am I well in my rights to seek a second opinion?

epitaph

Postby epitaph » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:51 pm

Hi wetlettece,

Welcome to the forum and well done for posting which can feel quite daunting the 1st time. I'm sorry to hear what you have been going through along with the amount of time that has passed before being able to speak to someone who does not appear to have helped you.

As far as attempting to obtain a second opinion you are more than entitled and sadly/seemingly this is something that you may have to fight for (which is really hard when you are suffering..) I can't tell from your post how supportive your GP is ? or whether you feel going back to them (given the long delays of anything happening), is likely to result in more immediate assistance.

I'm struggling to understand why the psychiatrist was not able to offer a more comprehensive plan ? Did they offer additional follow-up sessions ? as these things are not (as you well know) done and dusted in a single phone conversation, it can take many meetings ... with little to tiny steps made along the way and at the time these can feel in the wrong direction too - ;)

I don't know if any of the above will help you, but rest assured someone cares!

Best wishes

Return to “Newbies Room”