Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
supergirl10

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby supergirl10 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:45 pm

Iv been diagnosed with, anxiety and deprsssion, then bipolar, now personality disorder.Makes me wonder how the counselling staff make up their minds?! If they have one.Anyway, I’m struggling right now, but always had faith in god, it’s just about kept me up every single time.God knows how, well god is god I Spose.Anyway, a little bit of faith never done anyone no harm, keeps me good.Im not a bible basher, it just really has helped! Jesus and god.One and the same I Spose.God bless.Im from london, uk.Happy St Patrick’s day, my mother’s birthday would have been today, god nless her, she died mental health related.Well it’s not going to get me, no chance!! Gods got our backs, like a giant shield.Trust me on that one!

mezzaninedoor

Postby mezzaninedoor » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:10 pm

@lookingforpeace

If you want to talk Scrum by all means get in contact
If you want to talk Mental Health by all means get in contact
I dont think Sane has personal messages though so this board is only method I guess

I guess we could have a Scrum topic somewhere where anyone else would think ffs what are these people on about!!!

bronze

Postby bronze » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:20 pm

I am 45 and I am trying to sort my life out. I have done the worst thing possible and have fallen in love with someone that I have never met from chatting online. I feel very raw from this and I am not sure whether my feelings are shared by this person, we have talked for hours and hours, the equivlent of a couple of months of dating but we have never met or spoken on the phone. We did address meeting but it went pear shaped and ended up with me feeling like I was wrong about what I felt, so I am not sure where I stand now and my mental health has got worse. I am trying to stop the destructive elements from totally ruining this chance, but it is very difficult. I am not sure whether I have conjurred all these feelings up in my own mind and that they have no basis on reality.

elpis777

Postby elpis777 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Hi, I am old aka over 45. Suffering with severe depression at the moment :roll: I am on venlafaxine but just can't find my way out. I am unable to work due to a work injury and slowly over time this depression has just settled in further.
So here I am.

chipincrisis

Postby chipincrisis » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:54 am

Hi. I'm a newbie on here but not a newbie to mental illness :cry: having suffered from depression and anxiety on and off for over 20yrs. I'm glad I've found you all and hope as well as getting some relief, I can contribute to helping as well. I had a breakdown during 2017 but came through it with help and support and went onto have a great year in 2018. Unfortunately my depression has returned and I'm again in that darkest of places. I'm determined to keep fighting though. Thanks for listening

dizzy.miss.lizzy

Postby dizzy.miss.lizzy » Sat May 18, 2019 1:30 am

Trigger alert, so please don't read on if you are easily upset...

I start counselling for complex PTSD in July for, as the name suggests, complex reasons.

My childhood was traumatic, school sucked huge time coz additional learning needs like the adhd I got were punished, not helped, back in the day, I drank stollen booze pretty heavily from an early age, and I ran from home many a time only for PC Plod to drag me back home for even more kickings...

In my teenage years I hit puberty pretty early on and it was a rough ride for me... I suffered abuse, verbal and physical from my birth father, sexual from my pervy Uncle and almost raped at 15 by the boy next door, and I eventually came to realise I am bi-sexual and found it difficult as there was nobody to speak to about that at the time,

my married years I was gas lighted and culturally controlled and surpressed by my Hubbys family values, I was isolated, kept from doing the things I most enjoyed, controlled by finances, told what to wear and how to have my hair, who I could talk to and so on... for 40 years.
I had to undergo genetic counselling due to hubbys family disorders, suffered miscarriages and fretted over possible terminations, my kids had health issues which included bone disease requiring surgery, I had to undergo hysterectomy for damage done during labour that was negligently mis-managed, all of which tipped me over the edge a few times,

I nursed several poorly rellies to their ends and found funerals almost a regular occurance over the last decade having said farewell to 14 family members and close friends for one reason and another including my 14 year old neice and said Hubby of 40 years.

But, I still have a sense of humour, I'm not completely broken yet, I still love to support those who need it and I'm still giving life pretty full welly. I am doing good, considering. Nice when you can retain the will despite it all. Now if I can just overcome this flippin agoraphobia, it'll all be better!

lozb

Postby lozb » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Hello

This is my first time on any type of forum. I'm male, recently made it past my 38th birthday. I've struggled with depression since I was a teenager, which has landed me in hospital more than a few times and lead me to problems with drugs and alcohol. I suffered a breakdown 3 years ago and from that I lost my job, lost my girlfriend, had to leave the band I was playing drums in and lost an awful lot of friends. My drinking and drug use got totally out of hand and I spent the first 2 months of 2018 in detox/rehab.

Life since then has been difficult, though I am getting more help. My family found out about most of my issues and I'm receiving therapy which is definitely doing me good and is pretty much the reason I'm on this forum.

Sorry if this is all a bit dry and factual, I really don't know what else to tell a group of complete strangers haha

Loz B

rhian96

Postby rhian96 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 pm

I’m feeling really low today and need help. I can’t see an end to anything and the only solution is me giving in to it all but I don’t want to. I want to cry and scream and shout but no one can listen they can’t see me break or it will hurt them more. I just want to be alone and leave them all to get on and be happy without me hurting them anymore. I’m sorry I’m really low and just want help

glennchan

Postby glennchan » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:43 am

I spend way too much time on the Internet.

kerry22

Postby kerry22 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:54 pm

Hello I'm a mum of three and I'm married. My husband for the last three years has been depressed. He has also been addicted to nurofen plus for two years (was 70 a day now 40 a day) he is absolutely in the worst place possible. In march me and the kids ended up in a refruge he didn't give a monkeys. We came home in may and his depression is beyond he is beyond .but he's not the only one suffering. IAM I really am!!!!! I'm so alone I want to end my marriage but I'm to scared to!! He starts counciling on Tues and DDAS in July but he is destroying me!! The lies the selfishness the lonleyness.... Infact I'm starting to become depressed. I'm full of anger tonight!!! I'm so upset! I'm sick of telling my friends what's going on as it's the same old everyday!!! He used to make me so happy! I really think it's over! Sorry I just need some one at the moment x :( :( :(

Return to “Newbies Room”