Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
andthistoomustpass

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby andthistoomustpass » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 pm

Hi & welcome to any Newbies :)

This thread is mainly used for brief pen pictures. Post where you like but you are more likely to get responses if you press the 'New Topic' button to start your own thread in the Newbies or Mutual Support rooms.

Best Wishes

thequeeninthenorth

Postby thequeeninthenorth » Thu May 10, 2018 8:59 pm

andthistoomustpass wrote:Hi.

I'd suggest not thinking of yourself as lazy is a good starting point :) . I've heard it said by experts that lack of self compassion is one of the pillars of depression. Cut yourself some slack :) If we could consciously control this thing then we wouldn't be depressed or anxious, it can't be said too often that just trying to pull yourself together doesn't work and nor does beating yourself up about it.

I would try small and gentle steps. Break things up into small chunks. Start with getting dressed, then spending time in the sitting room one day before trying to walk to the end of your path the next, etc. A great suggestion I have heard for getting moving is to go to sleep in sportswear, that way you can get up, put trainers on and get outside without stopping to think.

Sorry this is the first answer you have had. This thread is mainly for introductions and questions or requests for responses are often missed. You will get more responses if you want to paste your post into a new thread in the Newbies or Mutual Support rooms.

Be kind to yourself.

Thank you for getting back to me. I feel like an idiot now. For posting in the wrong place. I don’t know what to do with my feelings, I have a partner but he’s grieving recently after the loss of one of his relatives. But I need someone, all I have is him. I hate coming home to an empty house and no one to give a toss what time I get home. If it wasn’t for him I don’t think anyone would notice if I was dead or alive. I hate the emptiness of this house. I don’t have any family. I wish I had someone.. all I need is just someone who loves me then I think I would be okay

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Fri May 18, 2018 8:53 am

Don't worry about posting in the wrong place!

edsa131

Postby edsa131 » Wed May 23, 2018 7:55 pm

Hello Everyone

I came across this site while looking at the NHS mental health website. I like the look and sound of this site and has made me feel comfortable to register. Hopefully, I can get help here and maybe help others too. :-)

cheers

Ed

belled

Postby belled » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:19 pm

Hello

I am trying to say hi as a be member but I'm not even sure if I posting in the right place! It's a bit frustrating because I feel really low and just want to reach out and I can't even work out how to use the forum properly.

Rough times :(

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:25 pm

Hello Belled, what's been happening?

nick

Postby nick » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi my name is Nick, I have BPD and a major depressive disorder and I struggle with my diagnosis as all I have read about BPD is not very nice or good.
Anyone got any advise for me.

lee

Postby lee » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:48 pm

Hey, I'm Lee.

I'm 50 years old, married, two boys aged 11 and 7, my older boy has ADHD.

I too have ADHD (only just found out after all these years), Depression and Anxiety (diagnosed with GAD). I also had an aortic root and valve op in 2010, now have a mechanical heart valve. My emotions and state of mind both run and ruin my life. However, when I can concentrate long enough I like a good film, not into sci fi or violence though and collect soul music and like to read and cook. Anything to occupy my mind otherwise I turn myself inside out

I have retreated from life so much, I have no friends, only my wife who I am sure must think I'm an enormous burden but that's another story, hello anyone that reads this

stuboo

Postby stuboo » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:39 pm

About me:
I am well liked because I am a people pleaser. I guess this is because of spending my childhood in care. I always want people to like me and it's exhausting. I don't try as hard nowadays to make people like me because it's impossible, no matter how nice a person you try to be there is always someone who dislikes you for no apparent reason. I was awarded 'Employee of the year' in one of my roles working at a hotel and at the time I was drinking heavily, a compulsive gambler and suicidal. I was, at the time, a genius on putting on a front and pretending that everything was just swell. Despite being so well liked in 7 years working in that job I never made a single friend. My trust issues have helped destroy my life. Anyway, I wanted this to be a positive post about my good points. I would say that I am a thoughtful person with a lot of empathy. I always try to see the humourous side of life but it's been pretty hard to do that lately. I see my issues with depression as one of life's many challenges. I hope I can see my life through till it's natural end.

Return to “Newbies Room”