Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Maybe a Garden Shed/workshop room ?

Being outdoors...
Ghost

Maybe a Garden Shed/workshop room ?

Postby Ghost » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 pm

Hi
Last edited by Ghost on Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

confidential

Re: Maybe a Garden Shed/workshop room ?

Postby confidential » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 am

I realise this is an old post, but I agree with you. I also like my shed. I am just a hobbyist really, but like working with wood in there. I installed a fire made from a gas bottle last November so I can sit in front of it pondering life's curve balls while watching the flames roar, without interruption from my family. When I am up to it, I can spend hour after hour making things. And every so often, I will just go in to stand in the middle of the floor and scream my head off. Its my safe place that nobody else is allowed to enter. But like you say, there are lots of things in my shed which are capable of serious injury. I rarely come out of my shed without a new cut, but that's OK as I can tell my wife it was an accident from sharpening my axe or chisels, or i slipped with the drill, and she has no reason not to believe me. It saves her from the distressing fact that I deliberately hurt myself.

Ghost

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:51 pm

Long time since i was on here but this year has been my worst as my wife of 25 years died suddenly and now I live out in the wilds alone and last time i ventured into the workshop was nearly my last as all i could think of was that this would be an easy way out which it would with all the power tools etc something stopped me don't know what but i locked the door and haven't been in there since.......I am dreading Christmas for obvious reasons but i am heading up into the Highlands and away from all the Christmas crap.
Hope your still enjoying your shed and look after yourself.

upwards-is-the-aim

Postby upwards-is-the-aim » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 am

Enjoy Scotland

Sometimes life is just crap and that is just the way it is

But we struggle on and then come out the otherside - wiser and maybe sadder

But that is all part of lifes rich tapestry - ugly those it is in parts
Trying to help and be supportive to others on this forum is one of my attempts to reduce my own depression. Getting ourselves out of our own head circles is usually a good thing to do. Maybe try it yourself

Return to “The Garden”