Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Feel worst after counselling...

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
celebritydiscodave

Re: Feel worst after counselling...

Postby celebritydiscodave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:40 am

Likely "counselling", but we all counsel others, best friends on occasion providing the most benefit.
In capable hands platonic love can go a long way. Those of us that are "wholly human" are natural counselors. Qualification might help, but equally, there are those with very considerable ability without the benefit of any borrowed information. They have this ability through studious examination and reexamination of both personal life experience, and of others through their experiences. This comes entirely naturally for some, even unavoidably. Among those that are well qualified, a friend of mine holds a degree, some have no natural feeling nor ability in the area of counselling whatsoever. My friend, she`s not alone, can only even cope in trying to support others whilst on a two day week, she privately hates the work, and the rest of the time she is engaged in car boot sales to make ends meet. I personally have no qualification, but then, neither do I charge a fee, What I do possess however is my fifty solid years of joyous dedication to helping others, not for financial gain, just for its own sake.
Last edited by celebritydiscodave on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

celebritydiscodave

Postby celebritydiscodave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:48 am

Continued: Back when my mom was dyeing, Hubbard`s Ward, Southend Hospital, I`ll always remember, it was not the professional psychotherapist that successfully consoled me, but rather, a duty nurse through just her natural ability to counsel.

celebritydiscodave

Postby celebritydiscodave » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:50 am

Not everything worth having must have a price tag attached to it, and nowhere is that more true than here.

Return to “Mutual Support Group”