Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Struggling....

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
molmad

Struggling....

Postby molmad » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:01 pm

Hi,

I'm 22 and I am really struggling with not having any friends. I am currently studying at uni and I have tried joining societies and other things but I never seem to find anyone that I connect with. I feel quite mature compared to other students, and this makes it diffcult to make friends as I am ot the type to go out and get really drunk and go clubbing but I love a cocktail bar and tipsy chatty nights out. I am really interested in the environment and activism, but I live somewhere where if you're not a student you're usally quite old.
I don't know how to make friends this age if it isnt at uni, and everyone already has there friendship groups. I feel so alone, and really unsupported.
It's starting to become an issue where I am blaming myself and thinking I am wrong and that no one wants to become friends with me..

c.j.

Re: Struggling....

Postby c.j. » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:20 pm

Do you live at Uni? What interests do you have? What are you studying?

molmad

Postby molmad » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:15 pm

I live in the city where my uni is but not in uni accomodation. I have a real passion for the environment and tourism. I a currently studying sustainable tourism, but hopefully go into a job/start my own business in sustainable consultancy. I love going out for walks but also staying in and binge watching netflix/fils/documentaries.

What about you

PS thanks for the reply x

isola701

Postby isola701 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:50 pm

Hello

You dont have to fit into the stereotype you know. Its okay to have friends from other walks of life. As long as the people you surround yourself make you happy and have respect for you its perfect. Are you uni close to home?

c.j.

Postby c.j. » Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:33 pm

What kind of films do you like? The mrs has horror films nearly every night. I liked them at first, but they are getting very boring for me now and there are a lot of rubbish horror films / series on the tv! I like a good comedy, but find it difficult to find any!

Which Uni are you at?

walterchang1

Postby walterchang1 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:14 am

Hi, mol

When I was a college student, I always studied hard. My major was engine and auto, I am now 44 years old.

sk1n1m1n

Postby sk1n1m1n » Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Hi

have you spoken to student services about this to see if they can help you or emotional support at the University, perhaps see if theres anyone else in your position

Return to “Mutual Support Group”