Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

PTSD sexual assault

For when you're feeling particularly vulnerable...
penguin284

PTSD sexual assault

Postby penguin284 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:46 am

I need help i am suffering bad with PTSD from a bad rape in 2016, i was beat up and raped by an absolute stranger in a public park.
I suffer hyperarousal, which i suffer with daily, any normal sound i am not expecting i jump. I do not like men or tall people being in my presence, they honestly make me so anxious my heart feels like it is no longer there.
I am half way through student nurse training so i need to make use of people being closer in my practice.

penguin284

Re: PTSD sexual assault

Postby penguin284 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:03 am

why is anyone ignoring this?

ericph

Postby ericph » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:38 am

You are a very kind and caring person, despite all the pain you are suffering, you have taken the time to try and support someone else on this forum. You have chosen nursing as a profession, you want to help other people. But the rape is proving to be a barrier; you are finding it hard to be the kind and caring person that you want to be.

You may not feel you are healing, but the more you help other people, the more you will find healing for yourself. Because you have suffered so much, you can recognise the suffering of other people.

Sorry I have to help my wife, but will write back later, you are in my thoughts,
Eric

ericph

Postby ericph » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:55 am

How are you feeling today?

tayc

Postby tayc » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:25 am

I’m not sure if your going to see this but I completely relate to what your going through! I have PTSD from a similar situation that you explained. Are you going to therapy? Hope all is well

brok3n

Postby brok3n » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:48 am

It takes courage to shoulder that burden and move forward into a career that involves helping different people. I can understand thats it difficult not to be defined by trauma but you are moving forward. Somedays are harder than others but you can only take it one day at a time. Having a goal will make it easier to manage.

battle-angel

Postby battle-angel » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Hi Penguin,

it is very brave and noble of you be undertaking a line of profession nursing to help others, despite the challenge of going through what you did. Truly honorable. Could I kindly ask if you have reached out to mental health support services that the NHS provides to assist you?

- battle angel

Return to “Safe Room”