Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

First timer man having problems

If you're new and want to say hello...
martin210

First timer man having problems

Postby martin210 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:22 am

Hi

I've just signed up and want to say hello. I'm a middle aged guy having lots of problems and I feel they are getting worse. Most of my daily problems are about my job, where I'm having difficulty working with other people in a very political environment. I have tried to resign and have a sabbatical, then look for a better job, but am terrified the uncertainty would make me worse.

I also have depression and anxiety. I have had professional help in the past and have been to an NHS service, but the resources are limited. Socially I am very isolated and have tried just about everything practical.

Plus at the moment I am working overseas for 3 weeks which makes things worse, as I have nobody to talk to and get even more anxious and edgy!

Any support would be gratefully received.

rsxo

Re: First timer man having problems

Postby rsxo » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:06 pm

Welcome!x

Working abroad is never easy, being away from home, family etc - do you stay in touch with them? Touching base with them is defo a good idea, so you can hold that connection while you're gone :)

Office politics are never fun, sorry that that's causing you so many issues. Looking for a new job is always difficult, but you can look for another job while still at your current place if you like, then hand in notice and move over straight away so there's no uncertainty there?

Maybe you contact Mind for advice, or Samaritans if you need someone to chat to. Of course, we're here to listen to you too x

Much love <3
RSxo <3

Return to “Newbies Room”