Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Family!

Sometimes you just need to let off steam...
zilexia

Family!

Postby zilexia » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:52 pm

Okay, so I'm taking the name of this forum in my stride and I'm going to rant!
I'm recently married with a four year old son 10 year old stepson and 12 year old step daughter, I've been in a big dip recently due to medication changes, and for the past six months I imagine I have been hard to live with, my motivation is gone and I struggle not to get stressed or worry and usual day to day things and home life. My husband, bless him, picks up the slack, he does his best with the washing and cleaning in the kitchen, but the rest of the house is just left until I have a good day... today was a good day as far as motivation was concerned, but I cant help my ungrateful self for feeling pissed off with every little thing!
My husbands idea of washing is anything through the washing machine with no fabric conditioner, through the tumble dryer, occasionally not fully dried and left with the damp smell, and piled high and ubfolded in baskets in the kitchen, so on my good days it takes all day just sorting through, folding and re washing a lot of these big piles. I get frustrated because, well what's the point in doing half the job and kids are left fishing through piles for clean clothes and socks are non existent because he doesnt pair them.
Dont get me wrong he does a lot, but this one thing just drives me crazy! It's only the past six mo this that I have been like this in the past seven years, otherwise I am crazy organised and do everything in the house, except wash up and cooking which are his main jobs. Bear in mind that we both work full time and I work an average of 10hrs more a week, so I'm not a lazy person. But I used to be able to do it all, and now that I cant, I get pissed of that he cant do it as well as I did!
I know, it's stupid, ungrateful, but it's how I feel. I love him with all of my heart and couldn't live without him, more to the point, I couldn't live with me so hes doing pretty well on the front.
Rant over :!:

prycejosh1987

Re: Family!

Postby prycejosh1987 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:39 pm

You have family around you, i do have that and a lot of people dont, make the most of your family. I wish you the best of luck.

Return to “Rant Room”