Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Need advice please

If you're concerned about, or care for, someone with mental illness
deeda

Need advice please

Postby deeda » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Hi, my husband is struggling lately, I believe he is suffering with depression ( having been there myself for over 16 years), he says he wants to leave, be on his own. He says hes feeling unloved and doesn't feel love at the moment. I've tried to say to him that we're here for him and that being alone isn't the best idea right now. I thought I was getting through but hes saying it again this morning. Hes been low on and off for a while but losing his very close friend ( whom he thought of like a dad) before Christmas has sent him over the edge.
I've asked him to see his GP, at the moment hes not registered with anyone and is taking his time to do so.
I dont really know what to do if im honest

supportivewife

Re: Need advice please

Postby supportivewife » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi Deeda,
I'm sorry to hear about you and your husband's present situation. This must be extremely difficult for you both. Would it be possible for you to register your husband with a GP and then go along with him to see them? Maybe he is a bit scared of facing his problems and that is why he is taking his time over this? Just a thought. Also is there a family member or friend who you can confide in about this and they could maybe help or speak to your husband also? Sorry I can't be of more help to you, but I wish you both all the best and hope things get sorted. Aileen x

prycejosh1987

Re: Need advice please

Postby prycejosh1987 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:33 pm

deeda wrote:Hi, my husband is struggling lately, I believe he is suffering with depression ( having been there myself for over 16 years), he says he wants to leave, be on his own. He says hes feeling unloved and doesn't feel love at the moment. I've tried to say to him that we're here for him and that being alone isn't the best idea right now. I thought I was getting through but hes saying it again this morning. Hes been low on and off for a while but losing his very close friend ( whom he thought of like a dad) before Christmas has sent him over the edge.
I've asked him to see his GP, at the moment hes not registered with anyone and is taking his time to do so.
I dont really know what to do if im honest

I think you need to help him get to a GP and ensure he makes an appointment. For both your sakes. Take things from there.

Return to “Family, Friends and Carers”