Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Tell Me Something About You

If you're new and want to say hello...
mgme

Re: Tell Me Something About You

Postby mgme » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:01 pm

Hi,

I’m new I’m sorry if i’m sort of intruding in an already started conversation. However signing up to an online forum may not do me any good if i don’t talk on it.

I’m a female, teenager, currently dealing with anxiety ( specifically social anxiety but experience general anxiety as well), depression and BDD. I’m not sure if talking on here is okay or right and maybe it won’t get me anywhere but the people around me, despite being very loving and supportive, don’t understand what i’m going through. This means that often I fall out with people when they get annoyed at me for being the way i am because of my mental illnesses. I get why they don’t understand but it makes me feel like shit when people raise their voice at me and make spiteful comments over something that i’m struggling to control, only lowering my pretty much non existent self esteem.
I’ve never had a stable father figure in my life, i had a physically and verbally abusive step dad for four years and his abuse usually came after he’d used cocaine, his apparent addiction for the last year of the relationship with my mum. I’ve grown up around several narcissistic people and i’ve really only ever been able to turn to my mum.
That’s me summed up really, I have no hobbies, I’ve pretty much isolated myself from a large amount of friends and even my boyfriend, I am in no way interesting or special or bringing to this forum something you’ve never heard before. But i have been dealing with these issues for 6 years, so since early teenage years, they’re very real and serious and i just thought seeing as i’m too scared to join an in person group, i’d try and online one.

ben99

Postby ben99 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:47 pm

Hi,
Just want to get started here really - as an attempt to secure more of a support network, as the lack of one has been severely exposed over the last couple of weeks. I think (though not completely sure) I'm out of it now but I came the closest I've ever been to taking my own life. This was a real shock as I've just had about the best six months I've had for a long long time, and that after 25+ years of addressing my depression.
After this 'earthquake' I'm wanting to give myself the space to feel how this has been rather than deny or push the feelings away. I do sense there is opportunity in it, maybe even the 'breaking apart (open?)' that I've sought for so long and felt recently that I was close to. In a way I have created the relative isolation I find myself in as I've been determined lately to be more authentic in my connections, and that's led to my letting friendships where I felt I wasn't being particularly myself, cool. This was coupled with my spending more time with myself, sometimes through meditation, and I've been encouraged by my being a lot happier in my own company. I expected that this creating space in my life would then allow and invite in the nurturing and real relationships that I so crave and need into my life, but this hasn't happened.
I'm therefore reaching out to you and any thoughts you had on the above would be welcome. Thanks.

lucytina

Postby lucytina » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi I am Bill from Niagara Falls Canada and was diagnosed with Schizophrenia in 1987. Social media is new to me but I am trying to learn about it. I am divorced and have 3 Children one is in Halifax Canada and is the operations manager for a company called Concentrix and he is 31 I also have a 17 year old boy Dwight who is going into grade 12 and a daughter Hannah who is going into grade 10. I have been hospitalized 3 times lived in 3 group homes and had a suicide attempt. I spent 5 years doing nothing lying on the couch. Today I have a great high quality of life, I am retired and use to publish a mental health magazine and I also have written a book. I am 57 years old.

markmc

Postby markmc » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:39 pm

Hello my name is Mark i am 57years old .

That's the niceties out of the way.. down to the facts on May 22nd 2017 i awoke to the realisation that once again i have had a mental break down .. the day and night of May 21st not a clue that this was on the cards ....... well 2 years 2months and 15 days on this condition has not gone away and of now shows no signs of doing so.. how can this be? i have been on various medications .. i have tried Hypnotherapy/Acupuncture, Nothing .. My symptoms are shaking, sickness, sweating.. does not sound to bad when written down but in reality it.s bad.. then comes the feelings that are the real driver of this despair, nothingness, anger, fear, and the one i have no name for that stops any positivity, enjoyment , laughter, life.. i have nothing else.. as my life has been on pause.. i desperately want closure from this and get back to my life .. but i have been of the same goal since day one 800 days plus i am still trying to get there. :( :(

arose84

Postby arose84 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:32 pm

hi i have high fuctioning aspergers syndrome, anxity /deppression thing and dislexia :lol: :mrgreen:

ralia

Postby ralia » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:06 am

I suffer massively from anxiety and depression and also have bouts of anger issues.
I have never had a relationship and whenever I start speaking to someone in that way they tend to leave once I reveal that part of me.
Is it too much for people to handle? Would they rather a mentally stable but bland person?

fiat

Postby fiat » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:50 am

Hi I am new to this recently had a meltdown and took an overdose. I was under CM HT and crisis I have an eating disorder anxiety depression and possible ptsd and eupd but am scared to have a psychiatric assessment I am dependent on prescription drugs for pain relief and have a heart condition as well as other issues I am seeing my poor Gp once a week
And feel like I’m going crazy I am anxious can’t cope tearful and when I can’t handle things I have suicidal ideations I am unable to talk to family members as they don’t understand and I don’t want to be assessed as I’m frightened of being sectioned I discharged myself from eating disorders and CMHT as they’re constant badgering made me feel worse can anyone advise as ringing connections or the Samaritans just gets CMHT more involved and last time they wound me up to the point I
Took a cocktail of morphine sulphate whilst on the phone to them I know I’m not right but is there help available many thanks

lticetoon

Postby lticetoon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Hi all, I'm Alex from Eugene, Oregon.
I enjoy hiking, photography and art.
Last edited by ModeratingTeam on Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed web address in signature

georgia97

Postby georgia97 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi, I’m also new to this and I’m a bit sceptical as to wether this will help me or not. I am 21 years old and I have been struggling with my mental health for quite a few years now. I’d say since being around 13, I suffer with both depression and anxiety and some days I find it so unbearable I want to take my own life. 2 years ago I did attempt to do so and I have days where I am so grateful that I didn’t succeed but other days I go in to a feeling of wishing i did die. I used to see a therapist but now I can’t even bring myself to attend therapy and I haven’t done in so long. After dealing with mental health issues for so long I’m beginning to think there is no hope for me and that this is just my life now. I’m hoping that reading your guys stories will help me to not feel so alone and deal with my own issues.

amber-rose

Postby amber-rose » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi I'm amber, I'm 35. I'm a single mum from the UK and I was diagnosed with bpd 3yrs ago. I also have PTSD, agoraphobia, anxiety and im recovering from an ed. I'm a Recovering addict (15yrs clean) and survivor of csa. Being housebound I get very lonely so I thought an online forum might help me interact with ppl who know the troubles that come with mental illness. I'm always here for others in need and can offer emotional support. Just drop me a msg.

Return to “Newbies Room”