Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:44 am

Hi Chris

Yes. I think raising the pregabalin might help, even if just short term.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:46 am

Hi Debs

Have you thought of starting meditation again? We know it's not a cure but it can do no harm. 5 minutes a day, 10 is enough. I do 15 minutes. It bores me and hard to concentrate at times but my wife says I sound calmer. I think once you can make it a daily habit it will stick.

You're doing the best you can

Chris xx

bluebell123

Postby bluebell123 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:30 pm

Hi Chris,

Read up on the 3 antidepressants you listed, really bizarre Venlafaxine has anxiety listed as a common side effect.

Aisling

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:04 pm

Hi Chris

I saw a doctor today who increased the pregabalin to 600mg. I haven't seen this doctor before and she seems reasonably good. (There's a big problem in Britain with GPs. No one wants to be one anymore and some surgeries run on locums). Anyway I hope this gets me back to an okay level.

Yes. Back to meditation it is. I tried one this morning but it isn't right for me.

How are you?

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:13 am

Hello Aisling

Venlafaxine is a bit of a strange one. The anxiety side effects last about 3 weeks then disappear when it kicks in. I'm on for the second time, Deb's has been on 12 years

Chris xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:17 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for asking after me. Glad you got the increase in pregabalin which must be available in generic now. Maybe I should give another try.

I took just 2 Tramadol today. I don't get the same buzz or narcotic effect but it's just enough to dampen the anxiety for most of the day. Also has improved my headache and constipation.

Otherwise I'm still struggling.

Chris xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:44 am

I don't know if you read the Guardian article I posted on Aislings thread, but for me the most promising information was that clinical trials are proceeding using ketamine and psilocybin. Some problems with hallucinations but they should get it right eventually. Unlike other ADs, they work immediately, no 6 week nervous waits for them to kick in.

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:50 am

Hi Chris

I'm sorry the tramadol isn't working just as well but that's good you're getting relief from the headaches and constipation.

Once one tablet comes out like that more will follow. I think it's the most optimistic step since the advent of SSRIs.

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:38 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your message. I had a headache this morning, it could be dehydration. I drink lots of water when I wake up. I try not to take any pills, just do head massage and neck stretches which usually work.

Today I was scheduled to see that awful psychiatrist but it was postponed because of being a public holiday. So is next Wednesday. You'd think they'd have a calender with dates blacked out. Or she knew but doesn't care about prisoners. Fortunately my wife's packages are still getting through to the JW1. And even with a prescription, the pharmacies are always "out of stock" when JW2 goes to buy.

I'm waiting to hear from my lawyer the date of my final hearing this month. She's got very bad at replying to mails recently.

Hope the 600mgs of pregabalin helps. I read about a UK prisoner who was taking 3500gm a day. It's traded as a narcotic.

God bless

Chris xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi Chris

It's probably a Saints day. A week is a long time in Mental illness.

I have to sign an extra box now for my pregabalin as it's becoming widely abused.

When I was in the shop today I told a custome i know r that I was on pregabalin. At that word she told me of all sorts of awful things that would befall me being on the drug and advised me to come off it. She had tried it and preferred her nerve pain. I felt like slapping her one. How dare she presume to know so much about a drug simply by her own experience.

I couldn't imagine behaving in that way. The confidence nce of the ignorant never ceases to amaze me. No wonder the world's in such a mess.

I'm glad your wife's packages still arrive. I think your JW chap has a wee problem.

Hope your lawyer does her job soon.

God bless
Debs xx

I'm glad your drugs

Return to “Mutual Support Group”