Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

How are things progressing Isap

For sharing your experiences and feelings about mental illness
deb1960

Re: How are things progressing Isap

Postby deb1960 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:53 am

Hi Isap

That's it. We do nothing to deserve this. It is just our bad luck. Yours being a double whammy. Endurance. Resilience. Endurance. I suppose that's the trick. A friend of mine suffers badly but never says a thing unless I ask. It's easy for me to think it's not so bad because I verbalise my feelings easily. For her part she wishes she could do that. One way or the other resilience is key. That and always doing what is best for us. In your case taking tramadol. I agree with you. The addiction is psycological.

God bless
Debs xx

caro

Postby caro » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:13 am

Hello Isap

Sorry you are unwell. I hope it is just a 24 hour bug.

To answer your tramadol questions.

I am prescribed up to eight 50 mg tablets per day. , but the most I have taken is 6.
I have never taken more than two at a time ( 100 mg ) ,leaving a four hour gap between doses.
The longest I have taken them in a row is five days.

I have never felt addicted to them, but have a strict no more than five days rule just to be safe.
They help with my pain, but also lift my mood.

I can go weeks without taking any.

I think a true test of feeling addicted is when your usual dose no longer works, and you need to increase to feel the benefit. Thankfully I have never experienced that.

Hope that helps xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:41 am

Hello Debs

Thanks for your spot on reply

God bless

Isap xx

Hello caro

Thanks for the Tramadol information. You are obviously a responsible patient. Many doctors assume that patients will abuse their medication when it comes to opioids and benzidiazepines.

I think I'll start taking 2 tablets after breakfast and one after lunch. Maybe two. The difference that Tramadol makes is huge, and I started taking originally for leg cramps from quetiapine.

How much quetiapine do you take? I've cut down from 300mg every morning to 150mg but also need 59mg at night for sleep.

Isap xx

caro

Postby caro » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:40 pm

Hello Isap

I think that sounds like a good plan for the tramadol. Anything to help you get through the day.
I know you are responsible with your meds too. It's all about making informed choices.

I take 300mg xr quetiapine. It has to be extended release, as the ordinary one is far too sedating for me ( i have a disabled child, so need to be alert ).

My other meds are :

Amitriptyline 10mg
Lamictal 100mg
Buspirone 45mg
Diazepam 5mg (5 per month, strictly for meltdowns)

Did you get your appointment on Friday ? If so, i hope it went well xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:32 am

Hi Isap and Caro

I hope you are well caro and I hope all is as well as can be Isap.

I am just facing going to mass. I hate morning mass as my rubbish mood is still kicking around. There is no evening mass here. I plan to go to the vigil elsewhere. I can't give up mass as the link is necessary for me spiritually. Oh but goodness it can be boring!

God bless
Debs xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:51 am

Hello caro

Thanks for all the information on your meds. I was taking 300 mgs of quetiapine every morning but the leg cramps side effects were abominable so now am weaning down to the lowest possible amount that doesn't give me any, currently on 150 but every anxious all day and took 2 klonopin which I hoped I no longer needed.

You are a real saint bringing up a child with difficulties in your condition. I find that extremely inspiring

Isap xx

Hello Debs

It's a sign of the times that a church only has one morning mass. When I was an altar boy there were 3 morning masses with sung Latin mass at 11a.m.

Having a horrid anxious day today more than usual, the good day with Tramadol sometimes makes the next two days worse

God bless

Isap xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:44 pm

Hi Isap

I hope your awful day passed and you feel a little peace. I think that is true. A good day, regardless of the reason makes the bad day much worse.

I remember being at a sung Latin mass with my Dad when I was about 7. I was close to tears as the mass seemed to last forever.

Take care
Debs xx

deb1960

Postby deb1960 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Just to say I'm thinking of you Isap.

God bless
Debs x x

caro

Postby caro » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:44 pm

Just checking in to say hello.
I hope the anxiety has subsided now. A spell of uncontrollable anxiety is exhausting.
Thinking of you. Xx

Isap

Postby Isap » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:50 am

Hello Debs and caro

Thanks for your support

My medications are causing me grief, I hope the venlafaxine starts doing something soon

God bless

Isap xx

Return to “Mutual Support Group”