Search

Support Forum

SANE Support Forum

Stuck and alone

If you're new and want to say hello...
linx234

Stuck and alone

Postby linx234 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:46 pm

I really don’t know where to start. I’ve been feeling down and depressed for years and tried to seek help and never really got anywhere. I’ve been to my GP on several occasions where I got a round of CBT, which didn’t help. I was given medication which I didn’t want, because I feel that I just need talking therapy. The area in which I live doesn’t offer counselling on the NHS (so I’ve been told by a couple of GPs). I was willing to pay for this privately, but no therapists in my area have any available appointments. So I’m a bit stuck.

I’ve always been stuck in the cycle of having a breakdown and a bit of a mental crisis for a few days, and then doing the “pull your socks up, stiff upper lip” act, until a few weeks later when the cycle starts again.

I don’t have any friends to talk to, I’ve been alienated by my family, and I don’t have a partner that I can talk to either. I only work with a couple of people, and they’re not the type of people I would trust. So this leaves me isolated and rather lonely. I work all the hours I can to try and save money, so this doesn’t really leave me with a lot of time to find a hobby and make friends. I’ve actually become quite accustom to being on my own, but I get moments where I just crave some human interaction.

I’ve had more than my fair share of issues, and traumatic events to deal with, which has lead me to being in this state. I’ve always just swept the issues under the carpet, and buried my head in the sand, which meant I have never processed these events in a healthy way, and had closure. Which is why I’m always stuck in this vicious cycle. But I really don’t know what else I can do, I’ve tried to get help, but it’s either not available, or not suitable for me.

I just really need help and I don’t know what I can do. The last GP I seen, just made me out to be a hormonal, hysterical woman, without even asking me what had happened. I can’t even remember the last time someone asked if I was okay. I’m just tired of putting on a brave face for everyone, and finding myself sobbing behind closed doors. I’ve tried to reach out to my family and try and rebuild bridges, but it never works. I’m running out of ideas now.

keepgoing

Re: Stuck and alone

Postby keepgoing » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:25 pm

Hello Linx 234

Sorry to see you are struggling at this time and especially being on your own. You have come to a Good place for support and friendship and most people here can relate to what you say. I am here if you need to chat anytime. I am a Good listener and maybe able to help you plan a way forward and to feeling better in yourself.

Take Care of Yourself !!

Gary

jk

Postby jk » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi linx234,

sorry to hear that your struggling at the moment , i'm also the same and the GP's don't listen to me, does working help you? i'm currently trying to get back to work but struggling , every time i go out i feel unwell. I'm waiting for cbt but such a long waiting list. its hard isn't it , if suffered with this in the past and somehow managed to get back to normal .

linx234

Postby linx234 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:33 pm

It took me months to get the confidence to get back into work. My ex partner would only let me work part time and then the rest of the time I had to stay in the house. When I managed to get away from that, it took me ages to pluck up the courage to leave the house and find work. Working does help, it keeps the mind busy and I’ve found something I love doing. You can make friends and gain a social life (not that this has worked for me, but that’s down to the few people that I work with). The only thing is, the problem is lurking over me when I get home because it has never been dealt with.
Searching for work gave me such a confidence boost because when you get asked to attend interviews, you feel like you’ve achieved something. And you feel even better when you get that job offer. I have managed to focus on something. It’s just a bit of freedom for 8 hours of the day

keepfighting2019

Postby keepfighting2019 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:38 am

My mum says if you achieve something everyday then you have something to be proud of. When I'm down I try get a project even gardening or washing to start with. Sometimes it's just getting out of bed for an hour and lying on the sofa. If I've had a bad phase I try set my alarm for work extra early to catch up on work. It's almost like planning around my mental health bleep. #keepgoing you can only do the best you can do. People judge you so easily in this world but no one ever knows what ur going through until they experience it themselves.

Return to “Newbies Room”